Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang!
missed getting us going on Friday as my BF and I took off for the weekend at a local Y camp. Women's weekend away - so fun. All the typical camp stuff to do - rock climbing, zip lining, axe throwing, archery, big swing, etc. PLUS...beer tasting at a local brewery and a trip to the Pickle Fest! So fun. We already signed up for next year.

Today - out for a run - gorgeous day out there.

Yo - glad to hear your shoulder is improving. Hope it keeps going! Ouch on DS hand tho.

Sox are wrapping up their season over the next two weeks...and then planning for next year.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Happy Birthday Zoj! (so sayeth facebook ... or maybe I'm a day late). Sounds like you had a fun pre-birthday weekend anyway. Oh - and how about that sinking pound! Definitely a good time for your DD to get some good old fashioned greenbacks over there (I think we had about a 15% discount on our DD's tuition since we first looked at it!).

Yo - Hope DH had a good picture of his hand for social media!

Been exceptionally sluggy since return (well - weather hasn't helped) - but tried to get some mojo today. Went for a ride after work with Bagelry Jim. Fit in about 30 miles (mid-16s) - darkness descending and a bit of sprinkling by the time I got home... Ended up ordering a crank for my beater bike, so hopefully will get that set up full time on the trainer so there's no excuse for not doing SOME workout.

Also - went to my 41st HS reunion (egads ... delay one year because of COVID). Ended up being a 3 year class reunion (80/81/82), so attendance was okay (about 120 between the three classes/guests). We are getting OLDDDD.... but I think it was a little more interesting than previous reunions, 'cos people just seemed a bit more casual - had conversations with people I wouldn't have expected.

geo

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Zoj - happy birthday!! What, adult camp at Y? That sounds serious fun! Never heard of thing around here. Sounds like a great day with BFF!

Yeah you two with DD in UK, pound being the lowest since when?! Would be a next time to go to Japan as the yen value is down…

Geo - DH doesn’t do social media….

Guardians are heading to the post season!!! It’s the youngest and lowest-salary team. We are excited! First time since 2018!

35min on my Pony to my eye doc’s office pick up my contact samples during lunch. After work we to run to the library and back, 5 miles to drop off /pick up stuff. It was windy and cold (high 50’s) but felt great and the first sub 10min/mi pace in a long time. I wish I knew what contributed this nice run.

I’m in the market now for a new Mtb… this time full suspension. Want a carbon frame but a new one would be north of 4K…. just like a car a few yrs old nice bike would be great but small is hard to come by…. it may be an option to get a new wheel set for my Pony (3” tires now) to make a lighter/faster bike. Decision decision decision….

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
I’m in the market now for a new Mtb… this time full suspension. Want a carbon frame but a new one would be north of 4K…. just like a car a few yrs old nice bike would be great but small is hard to come by…. it may be an option to get a new wheel set for my Pony (3” tires now) to make a lighter/faster bike. Decision decision decision….

1 - 4 of 4 Posts