Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a patch of semi-dry weather, so got out for just a 3 mile run. Felt pretty good overall.

I did manage to get new ski boots yesterday - switched to K2 from Technicas, they were slightly more comfortable and have a square toe box which works better for me. Higher flex too, so that should help on the hard stuff. Pricey though...at $800 they were more than my new skis from last year. ouch.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Nice to see you back, SB! Sounds like progress on the health front...

Ouch to the wallet! Pray to the snow gods for a good winter!

Nice tent pic, Yo!

Didn't do any workouts yesterday (well ... did a lot of lawn mowing/mulching, but otherwise no). About 18.5 on the trainer today (16 recorded and 2.5 lost to the whims of Zwift crash). Felt pretty good...

Now, time to kick back and watch the Pats...

geo

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Boy, I haven’t been consistent with checking in here these days. Ugh

SB - as usual lots going on with you! 69F sounds cold…! Good to hear you are making big progresses with some of your health issues.

Geo - nice ride! Good on you for getting on a trainer!

zoj - wow, ski boots aren’t cheap!

The fall color backpacking trip was nice. 32miles of beautiful fall sceneries, The colors were that impressive, tho. So I’m thinking to plan a Vermont trip next fall! David’s marathon is usually in the middle of Oct, so early Oct is it!

2-mile walk during lunch and 20miles on J-man after work. Heading to Omaha for work tomorrow.. by the time I’m back here, 70’s weather will be gone.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Zoj yikes I thought $450 for my smiths (tele boots) last winter was a LOT well so it goes..Its winter I am not thrilled, sure i have a distant excitement about xc ski and snow but..the alternating wet cold and windy dry cold without enough snow yet for fun and the endless grey is getting to me.
Yesterday I walked 4 miles round trip to bring a book to one of our book club members. I wore my adrenaline running shoes since there wasn't' that much snow on the road. The wind cut through the shoe sand got me feet way too cold, I took some plastic wrap from the neighbor for the way back. I then noticed I've got pinoles worn through my gloves where my ski pole straps rub...time to break out the boots and replace the gloves. I hope the boots are still good with two years endless foot issues and changes I dread having to get new ones. The feet are much better these days but I'm no longer sure what to look for in a boot.

I then swam in the EP for 30 minutes. I didn't' have my controller for the app handy so had to just go on time. I'll be workign back to the full hour over the next weeks. The current amplifies any technique flaws and can really mess up my shoulders so I like to work up the time before really concentrating on any routine. SO far so good!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts