Kick Runners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, TEAM LIT!

If you have not seen this thread, please go there and post some needed energy. If we all bond together we'll hopefully help give the energy needed for a quick recovery.

http://www.kickrunners.com/forum/46-triathlon-multi-sport-forum/82433-good-thoughts-needed.html

Weekend Recap...

Saturday: 14+ mile group run with many. Reconnected with one of my running groups. Nice to see everyone. Easy and very, very slow. Body still hurt.

Sunday: 7 mile run pushing the jog stroller with Andyman. Love our Sunday morning runs. The boy does too!

Monday: 4 mile easy run early this very dark morning.

Sending all the energy I have to TASM!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Afternoon all!

Commute day for me ... mid-17s on a chilly morning. Bought some arm/leg warmers at UNH cycle/ski sale this weekend. Never had them before - and I have to say, a nice bit of kit (bonus, only $2 each at the sale). Same home for the usual 40. Hoping to finish off the month with around 4500 miles, leaving a little over a month to cover the last 500 for the 5K goal.

Thanks for kind words re. photos ... I never have a camera at hand (not a cellphone guy) - and I see so much that catches my eye, so it was nice to be able to have a leisurely ride with photo stops (even with a basic old Coolpix). And yes, Yoshi - New England has a distinct charm that is unique to the area. So glad to live here - despite the general suckitude from November - March :).

Ditto the {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}, Barb. Boo to hospital stays ... love the caring of people there, but spending time feeling rotten in a hospital bed is not the place to be ... Hopefully you're feeling better today!

Geo.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Good afternoon all! Lots of walking this weekend thanks to a B1G game on Saturday. Proud of my Spartans for showing up for 80% of the game. :/

DS has been sick with a high fever (likely hand foot and mouth), but appears to be ready to go back to school tomorrow (24 hours fever-free). Squeezed in a workout while the kids watched a little TV. 2.62 miles in 32min on the TM with 15x1min run intervals. Felt great. I'm not sure the last time I could say that...woohoo! Thinking of run/walking a 10k in December.

Hugs and healing to those that need them, high fives to everyone. :)

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Barb: Hugs and prayers sent!
Geo: Good for you riding on a cold morning like this. 5000 miles is just awesome!
Sparty: So glad you are getting back at it and feeling good!
Beth: Your training is going great, looking forward to the RR!
Cak: Nice race!

For those of you not on FB, Kyle just announced his wife is expecting :)

Me: 5.5 mile run.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Easy four miles or so through the park on trails. Upper 60's here, but not for long.

Hard to say much more given Barb's fight, so I'll leave it.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Rest day. Took Eli to Longwood Gardens, the zoo and trick or treating at the Herr's chip factory. Fun but tiring.

You're in my thoughts TASM. Keep thinking positive thoughts and do your screen name proud!

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
TASM - you are in my thoughts. Hang in there, you will come out of this very soon!

6mile runnning errands during lunch time.
Crazy 70's at 6:30pm as we GIRLBIKERS rolled out for an evening ride. 30miles on MTB on mainly dirt road. A few min over 2hrs. A solid ride. Glad to be able to make the group ride. Iceman wave has been announced - I am in 22 (out of fifty-something). 4000+ riders. My first year (last year) I was in wave 45, old woman's wave. The course was pretty busy for the whole way... I was surprised at the earlier wave my previous time put me in. Now I have to worry about the fast men getting mad at me at the singletrack sections. 1.5 weeks to go! Let's hope it wouldn't be one of those years where a few inches of snow come down the night before, or morning of... gets muddy, causing all kinds of mechanical issues.... one year I saw (while waiting for DH to come in) a half dozen guys walking the bike in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts