1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, TEAM LIT!

x/Kyle: Congrats guys!

MoCo & AdCo: You too!

Julie: Congrats to you to. I know several people who did Manchester (the marathon) this weekend, and although some people had good races, nobody came close to a PR, as the conditions made it a slow day, just like the NYC Marathon. Nice job to you!

Weekend Recap...

Saturday: 7.5 ? mile trail run in 1:25 with a bunch of others in complete darkness (headlamps). Nice treat to have my older brother along for the run and one of his work colleagues from France. We slowed pace so that we could all stay together.

Sunday: 7+ mile stroller run with one other. Slow and windy and wet (I had rain shield on stroller, so Camden was very toasty and happy).

Monday: 4 mile run early this morning.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Morning all!

What a miserable weekend for all racers ... and yes, kudos to all for getting it done!

Myself ... really couldn't get enthusiastic about the morning commute, so decided to half suck-it-up and take the short way in. Really wasn't too bad ... as the wind was mainly at my back. Not sure about speed as cyclometer was wonky and decided not to work this AM. Mapped out to 11.7 miles ... usual 20.3 home for 32 on the day...

Enjoy your recovery everybody...

Geo.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
A little yoga this morning (I have a 5-10min series to loosen me up almost daily), a little spin on the trainer later today (only 10-15min). Hip failed me big yesterday on a very easy walk (much better today), so I did a bit of searching and found a DO that sees a lot of SI joint patients. Heading in to see him a week from now.

If you've been on FB this morning you've likely seen the article I posted about Ryan and Stephan Shay. It's a good tear jerker!

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Thanks all, it was a great day (not great conditions) but great day!

Thor, regarding the Marathoners, they split from the HM at mile 8 and then at mile 11/17 they rejoin us. It was so cool for me to see the fast marathoners as I never see the fast people in a race. You could tell they were doing the marathon not only because they were running so fast, but most were wearing shorts and singlets and it was COLD!

Beth: Congrats on gutting out a long hard training run, sounds like you are Ready!

Me: Just walking today. Feeling sore and stiff all over!

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Thor - cool that your bro joined you.
Sparty - Hope the DO has some tricks for you.

50min on the mtb doing some 2~3min intervals. Being in a taper mode, that may be it today, other than some yoga and upper body strength stuff during the DS's martial arts class.
No broken bones for DH, but lots of swelling on his shoulder. He said about half million times this morning 'how in the world people with one hand, or no hands do this??'

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Yoshiko...glad to hear that DH has no broken bones!

3400y at masters swim this morning.

600 as 75 free/25 no free
300 as 75 drill/25 kick

4x through the following
200 on 3:40, breathe every 5 last 50
50 on :55

3x through the following
150 on 2:45
100 on 1:45

2x through the following
100 on 1:50
150 on 2:40

1x through the following
50 on 1:00
200 on 3:30

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Rest day, 2nd in a row. Back to it tomorrow. Thanks for the encouragement Julie. I wish the race were this weekend, just want to get to it.
Sparty, hoping you get it figured out, your hip. That stinks

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
DOR

Yes, Stupid time change. I am failing to see why we continue to follow this. I think we should follow AZ and not change the clocks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts