Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang!
fun day skiing with the family yesterday. Started out sunny and then started snowing for most of the day. Sun came out again later in the afternoon. forecast called for "snow showers" but they definitely got a couple of inches! lol I posted a video of my son on FB, where you can see the snow coming down!

So today - I did a full body functional/balance weight workout and then took the pup for a 2 mile walk. Called it a day. :)

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Saw the video, and I was wondering who that was. Sounds fun! I wish I could go downhill skiing... I can't even remember the last time I hit the hill.

2-mile walk during lunch instead usual 3K swimming.. not happy about that, thanks to 11am meeting all the way to noon. Tomorrow!! Then 5 mile run after work. Surprising felt well. A bit headache but legs moved well. Maybe after all I need some serious strength training for my wimpy legs (like I did push the pedal boat very hard for 1.5hrs straight!)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Zoj-I guess we arent' fb friends I didn't see the video :( And we always need n+1 skis so I hope DH gets the message.

The race ended up being a lot of fun in sloppy ocnditions. There was some new snow overnight but nto that much, the temps started low. The RD still had me down for th elogner race but the person chekcign me in is the admin for the SAR tema so she jsut corssed it out and changed my enty. I'm not sure where results will show up but its not an issue. The wind was gusting 35mph out of the north when I left home for the course 93 miles north of home). THe iwnd was so cold everyone kept bundlign up even with the sun out and of course 1 mile in (its 3 miles slow but steady climb to the north) we all had to stop and remove layers, one minute i am in a gorup of @ 10 all stirving to get ahead of the other, the next we're all pulling off layers then bakc to striving. The course was a sort of out and bakc u shap at the 2.75 mi mark we turn left to cross a bridge over the green river then follow a track south along the trees which blocked the (tial) wind somewhat to another turn around where snacks in the form of ziplocs of chips and candy were handed out and a water jug was available to refill it was a 5 gal jug so we helped eachother refill then headed back into the wind with 2 women from steamboat CO. At the turnaroudn it was hot and sunny for the return north there was very light snow and clouds wiht the wind gusts altnerating form north and east. One of the women was skating 1 on back country skis as I was since we were on drifted in snow machine track there was no great difference in speed although the 2 of us xcders wished for lighter skis. . We stayed together to recross the bridge and start to head back south. At that point the south bound (east side) track was mush and ice glaze and my wax wouldnt' hold so I stopped to add mroe, this didn't help much the other 2 had waxless which let them get a bit ahead luckily for me the strong northwind litereally blew me south, I was semi skating semi sledding as I came to the fininsh the announcer declared another skater coming in only to get all confused. A, my usual ski buddy was there at the fininsh to snap my picture, SO was 10 mintues late and msised the finish, I htink the course was a bit short and I was a little faster than I thought. We all stood out in the cold and wind wiating for A's son who won the 8 miel foot division and then chatted more until it was too cold and too windy to hear.
When I finished i noticed my foot felt better than when I started and has stayed painfree since. So I'm going to say shorter course with the big 3 pin boots was the right choice . The wind and slop really impacted the 28 mile course with A's son saying it was the worst race he ever did (and he is a regualr ultra runner and x-c skier) and several others reporting the same and all finding thier tiems much slower than the previous year which ran in a blizzard.

For mondya..I walked 5 miles total in 2 seperate walks. I did drop my headset for my phone in the snow on sunday and its not workign well which is really annoying, I have gotten hooked on walking and talking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts