Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Random thought. I wonder who much it's costing this unknown entity to keep the lights on for just the 3-4 of us (haven't checked the other forums, but I can't imagine anyone is active on those either!).

Got in a 21+ mile ride early morning - humidity building, and finally have a bit of rain to break the heat. Tomorrow should be much more pleasant!

Those bear cans do look bulky! (had to google them). Doesn't look like they carry that much either.

Good call on delaying the Tri ... that would have been miserable on Sunday (super hot)! Glad the organizers put safety first.

geo

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
hah does it cost them do they mine bitcoin to cover it?

Just back from a 5 day trip backpack through the Wyoming range the northern half of the Wyoming National Scenic "trail" not much in the way of real trail but wolves trailed us for 3 nights! more to say but too tired to say it, just catching up here...

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Ha, good question Geo.... It is actually amazing we keep on holding on to this. It must be good for all of us :)
The bearcan - yeah it adds weight and bulky. We have a shorter/bigger diameter one but I thought the longer/smaller diameter one actually fits better at the bottom of my backpack. DH placed it inside his pack. Wish there were a shorter version of my bearcan...

SB - love to hear more about your trip! I did look up the feathered friends brand - holly moll $$$. didn't see a quilt thought. Yeah 42F bag with a light quilt would be a good combo. Yeah we looked at ursack - DH wasn't too excited about it because of how it could keep the smell in and inside could get smashed if bears try to destroy it.... If we get a lighter backpack (= ours are at least 10yrs old), lighter tent (= at least 10yrs old), etc etc.... opportunities are there :)

2-mile walk during the lunch. Then 6 mile run. Much pleasant weather (high 70's and low humidity) today. This is coming to your way, New Englanders!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Ha, good question Geo.... It is actually amazing we keep on holding on to this. It must be good for all of us :)
The bearcan - yeah it adds weight and bulky. We have a shorter/bigger diameter one but I thought the longer/smaller diameter one actually fits better at the bottom of my backpack. DH placed it inside his pack. Wish there were a shorter version of my bearcan...

SB - love to hear more about your trip! I did look up the feathered friends brand - holly moll $$$. didn't see a quilt thought. Yeah 42F bag with a light quilt would be a good combo. Yeah we looked at ursack - DH wasn't too excited about it because of how it could keep the smell in and inside could get smashed if bears try to destroy it.... If we get a lighter backpack (= ours are at least 10yrs old), lighter tent (= at least 10yrs old), etc etc.... opportunities are there :)

2-mile walk during the lunch. Then 6 mile run. Much pleasant weather (high 70's and low humidity) today. This is coming to your way, New Englanders!
I will get a trip report soon. Bear bag/Ursak you want to line it with a plastic made to keep smell in Loksak or smellybag. It indeed prevents the bear from getting reward but doens't protect your stuff from destruction. Lots of folks here use it as the "Second can" reasoning they cna afford to lose some food and its small and light. I typically use it for the first few nights of food so I dont' need a bigger bear can and although I've had bears right through camp they haven't noticed the bag, I'm careful to wipe it down and to keep all the food in the plastic bags.

I'm not sure if Teton Mountaineering rents gear but you might check...you are welcome to borrow my ursaks if you come this way!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts