Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo - that sounds amazing!! not the 7 hour drive home tho - but loved the photos on FB!
Geo - woot! Nicely done! must feel good to know you can still do that! :) Hope your fellow cyclist is ok.

Weekend wash out for me. Cake, T and I discussed the weather and riding Sunday morning and called it Saturday afternoon. OF course, while overcast, most of Sunday ended up being dry. Ah well. I ended up on the trainer for 2 hours Sunday am. Been a long time since I have done that. I think I flipped a setting on TR at some point as the mileage ended up being low and the second hour much harder (perception)....but I got it done.

Today headed out for a run and decided to run an out and back route I haven't done in forever. Happy to say it went well. 3.8 miles in the books. :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Nice trainer ride! its the time on the saddle that counts on the trainer.
I can't even remember what I did saturday I think i overheated trying to get things done and went for a walk
Sunday I did my online wall yoga and then a 1 hour rather slow current ep session. Enough smoke coming form nearer and further fires that my lungs weren't up for a hard workout. Also yet more landscape stuff including keeping a new cement pour (stem wall for barn extension) watered.

Today was more cement watering and weed pulling with oohhh some weed whacking. There is a looming thunderstorm but no rain so far. I was hopeful for another EP session but hte boom boom ahs to go away! I really should set up my trainer and road bike again..

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Man - tough to read about the smoke (and see it on the news). We've had a surprisingly wet start to July .... pretty sure we're out of drought condition by now. Just waiting for more seasonal warmth and a dry stretch. It must be really hard to be outside in that burning air. Hopefully you get the rain soon.

2 hours? Nice workout - but sounds positively masochistic :)

Easy 4 mile run with DD for me (about 8:45 pace). Didn't feel too bad considering the long run on Saturday.

geo

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
Nice job, Zoj, on a trainer for 2-hrs!!! And good run :).

Sounds like your adapting well to the run training, Geo!

SB - wish we could share some rain with you and west. Sorry to hear your lung burning issue.
A hard day today. 3000yd during lunch. Then 35miles dirt ride with S and B. I was going to ride a tri bike but a friend planned a gravel ride. Riding tri bike alone on a boring road easily lost to riding with friends on scenic gravel roads exploring the area. Fun times!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts