Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang!
sorry I really wasn't MIA since last wednesday, just busy and forgetful! oof.

Thursday ended up being a DOR, with the exception of dog walk and bowling.
Friday was a short run and softball (we won!)
Saturday - another DOR, but did a bunch of stuff for the condo and hit up a nice farmer's market in VT
Sunday - 30 mile ride in which I actually felt pretty strong..

Today - short-ish run and then two dog walks...with a potential for a third and/or some softball practice with my new glove.

Oh! did see the doc (two actually) for my elbow. looking at surgery in the fall because I can't full extend it and while I can play softball, swim, etc...it does act up when I ride and I won't be able to maintain muscular balance because of the lack of movement. Ugh. so tired of my body falling apart...if I didn't want to be so active, it really wouldn't be an issue, I guess...

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Increasing distance for Rizzo ride? Sounds like maybe you figured out the saddle issue as well.

With you on the body falling apart. I just miss the ENERGY I used to have... Right now everything seems to take effort ... At least you're still out there racing!

Went for 24 miles today - figuring tomorrow's probably going to be stormy after work (so mentally a rest day).

geo

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Sorry to hear about your elbow issue. What do you think caused it? (Not that matters I guess…). Hopefully not a complicated surgery and a full recovery is expected.

Nice rides two days in a row, Geo!

So far the Erie Canal Tour is top notch (though I have nothing to compare it to), foods, snack stops, shower truck etc. Sat - Buffalo city tour, 17miles. Sunday Day 1 - 50miles. Made a mistake by drinking a beer 15miles from the campsite… rough finish. Monday - 63 miles in 90F. Hot, but felt great! Hydration and even nutrition and even pace helped me. We are “Michigan Nine” and having a great time together and talking to other people. Get this..average age is 62!!! We have given a few people some nicknames- DC Mike, Peter Wallet, Downhill Mike, are three new friends so far. Laughing so hard throughout each day. I’m so lucky to have a good health, means, time and great friends to do this stuff!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts