Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Monday, January 23rd

798 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  jebba 
#1 ·
<p>Morning, all.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Great games yesterday.  Not pleased about either result, but entertaining.  Long ride followed by 3-mile 'mill run.  Feeling okay today.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It's a "rest and test" week for me.  Some weights, and maybe a short shakeout run. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good ones to everyone.</p>

#2 ·
<p>Chances- have fun pumping that iron</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sposed to do an easy 5 today.  Not really in the mood, side still hurting, legs are a little sore and I'm just lacking motivation. I'll get something on the TM, just don't know if I can hang on for five today. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I was able to get my mile in yesterday so the streak is safe for now. Also did 130 push ups and 150 crunches. </p>

#4 ·
<p>Heat wave here!  Headed out with 50* and full sun.  Overdressed in long sleeve and tights, but by the end it was overcast and I was just comfortably overwarm.  Super windy with sustained 15-20mph.  Had to do the weekend's LSD today.  Planned to just do the neighborhood horseshoe x3.  Yah, boring but it works.  However, I got to the second turnaround and decided to head out of the neighborhood.  Got to the far neighborhood and considered doing that loop but was starting to get hot and thirsty so headed back towards home.  Thought I'd stop home for a quick drink, but opted instead to just sweat it out and cut it a tad short.  10-12 turned into a tad over 10 at just under 9:00pace.  Oh well.  Guess I'll take it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I did have a funny thing happen this morning.  Ever have one of THOSE neighbors?  Yah, we have one...  Don't want to say too much, but they're threatening to sue us over something really stupid.  I called the insurance company this morning.  Needless to say I was really, really frustrated.  They told me they'd have to get back with me.  Okay, but do I have time to go for a run because I need to go for a run.  Yes, ma'am, please do go for that run!</p>

#5 ·
<p>Hi all, quick fly-by from work. First day on the job at the new gig and it feels like I'm learning all over again.  I will get used to it though. Right now I'm just trying to settle into my office and soak up knowledge. My office mate is pretty chatty and a good source of intel which helps.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>No workout planned today...needed rest day. Action packed week starting tomorrow.</p>

#7 ·
<p>Hawk- congrats on the job and hopefully they have scheduled workouts in your Outlook calendar.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Yesterday's 8 was kinda slow.  I pushed the newbie to do 5 and she acted like I was asking her to give up an arm & it was the hardest thing in the world.  I was nice about pushing her but coaching is not my gift.  She kept wanting to stop and walk so it made for a long run.  Did another 3 after she left.  Felt good to run without having to stop every half mile.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Starting new schedule today for my HM in april.  Bart works well so it's 4,4,4 & 6.  Today will be 4 on the tm. </p>

#8 ·
<p>I posted earlier but it got eaten.  Anyway, I'd initially thought about getting in the miles missed yesterday but still feel run down and generally crappy so decided to stick with the typical SRD.  Now on a 12 week training plan... </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Chances</strong> - special teams that were not so special were the difference.  The luckier, less mistake prone teams won. </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>4boysmom</strong> / <strong>kfuller</strong> - Neighbors? Who wants them?  We have one good one and one very odd battleaxe with two very annoying dogs that she can't tend to and that bark non stop whenever she let's them out back or whenever she's out.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Hawk</strong> - Yes, but does your office mate run?  Also, I do hope you are not using company resources to post online.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>BBS</strong> - so, your chest abductor is better? ;)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Apple - in those moments you sprint ahead and tell them to stop whining.</p>

#9 ·
Hello party people. Did my usual Monday 10. Actually, it was 10.5.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.