Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Braved the roads once again and did a 14 mile out and back route that is essentially up and down and up and down. slow, and steady - still waiting for my road legs to show up!

Then was going to plant my flowers (like Yo), but got caught up cleaning the inside of the boat. That took a couple of hours, but it is now 90% done. Last thing is the floor and that will be easier when the boat is in the water. Was hoping to get it in this weekend, but I had the large back deck redone and it is already ripping, so waiting for the guy to come out and look at it. Peeved, as it wasn't inexpensive to have it redone either. Does look nice tho.

Nice job on the double Geo!

hi SB!!

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
So many things that requires our attention but so little time (and so much fun you want to have)...

We did the last section of the 34miles Waterloo trail, 4.5miles out and back. Plus one section we missed due to flooding. So total of 12 miles. It got hot and muggy plus the last 3 miles were multi use With so much sand, mud, horse poops thus some mosquitoes. Got it done.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Third day of the same route - 44 miles with a good stretch of beach. It's kind of funny with lockdown - the road is DEFINITELY quieter than it should be. You wouldn't catch me cruising the beach on memorial day normally. It was actually a bit chilly/mizzly along the coast (50's). Glad I had arm/leg warmers on. Still not fast - but was good to get 3 solid days of riding in. Almost to 300 miles for the month - so should end up around 400 miles... Behind last year, but trending in the right direction for a change...

Memorial day sight was just at the bottom of our road where there is a family plot type of cemetery. Car was pulled over, and in front of one of the 5-10 graves, there was a bag piper dressed in full regalia, playing what sounded like amazing grace...

Today (Tuesday) will be a rest day. Hope to actually get up early tomorrow and knock out 20 before the work day begins ... followed by maybe a short ride in the evening...
Geo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts