Kick Runners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chilly here in central Ma - to the point that we got a fire going in the woodstove to take the chill off the house! lol

So yesterday DH and I did a 20 mile ride...which felt like we had a headwind in every direction that we were riding! and then I did ~4 hours worth of garden setup. cleanup, planting and mulch spreading...yeah pretty toast after that!

Today is a DOR (complete) as I had chiropractor appt this am and then did a few errands. Back at it tomorrow.

Yo - ok miss stubbornness...you *know* the scale won't magically go in the direction you want after one weekend right? In fact it might go the other direction for a bit due to the increase in exercise (due to water weight) right?!?!? :cool:

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
SB - sorry to hear the two appliances dying on you.... maybe one more thing coming to your way.. thx fur the weather info. Have you lived in that kind of climate before? You seem to be very accustomed to it...

Zoj - hard work weekend! Yeah I know how the scale behaves or misbehaves... the trend is concerning..

Busy at work. No lunch time outing. 1:15 run after work. Like 6.5 miles. Lots of walk sadly. Oh well.

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
SB - sorry to hear the two appliances dying on you.... maybe one more thing coming to your way.. thx fur the weather info. Have you lived in that kind of climate before? You seem to be very accustomed to it...

Zoj - hard work weekend! Yeah I know how the scale behaves or misbehaves... the trend is concerning..

Busy at work. No lunch time outing. 1:15 run after work. Like 6.5 miles. Lots of walk sadly. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Zo your day sounds like mine and the headwind in all directions is pretty consisten, I will start out deciding shoudl I go N or S it doesn't matter the wind will swap directions near when I turn around and throw in some wicked crosswinds. I've watched the wind vane on the barn spin in circles in bigger wind events. i didn't ride monday, I planned a ride tuesday wiht someone from the pool only to wathc the forcast go to crap so we reschduled for Thursday and presto the weather is fine this tuesday am however I have a mass of work to do.
I did do many hours of landscape work and will do more today.

Yo-one more thing...late in the afternoon as I was trying to edit a joint presentaiton my computer screen turned iridescent and announced "error" and woudl go no more. I ahve a back-up as I knew the battery was "puffing" but none of us had time to work on setting it up..guess what the night hours of monday held...

Actual workout for monday aside from hours of bending and painting hoary cress with herbicide and pulling goathead vine...4 miles of walking while consulting with co-authors after computer died. Fittingly or ironically the presentation is on building resiliency and changing corporate values in the workforce (adapting to dead computer and dead appliances with this presentation deadline would be a fine example)

I also had a good yoga session as I've found some new poses and moves that help loosen up my ribs and hips which always start to tweak with days like this. I am encouraged that I may be able to DIY some solutions now.

Also to Yo and climate, I have at time shad somewhat similar climates but not the same, 1 1/2 years living in Kathmandu, college in Madison WI and youth in New England all had some of these weather elements but its more extreme here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts