Kick Runners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, TEAM LIT!

Weekend Update...

Saturday: 6 mile trail run with 4 others in a down pouring cold rain at 34F.

Sunday: 6 mile easy solo run.

Monday: 5 mile easy run in 15F. Cold but dressed right.

Great day, friends!

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
X3 Upper. Walking. Dentist procedure later today means easier workouts (IE: No running, jumping, etc.) for a few days.

Thor: Pic of the kids with Santa hilarious! Love it!

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
DH has his work party on Friday...I'm really wishing I could run for the stress relief. I am so ill-prepared for a cocktail party; not feeling very fancy these days!

Pilates this morning, yoga tonight.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Dunno why I get to having periods when I don't check in here, so I'll just jump right back in with a weekend recap and today's workout! :)

Sat - brick: 2 hours at my coach's indoor cycling/strength class, 2.3 mile hilly run that felt surprisingly awesome
Sun - 6 mile run at an easy pace

Today - 3800y at masters swim. Paced the first part of the main set so that there was very little rest (except for the first 3x50s) to touch-and-go so we swam it pretty much straight. I get to do this because I lead the lane and I like to stay on the clock. The most I ever went overtime on the interval was 1 second. There was minor grumbling about this from one lanemate. With the IM during the second part of the main set, I felt it might be nice to regroup before starting the IM. Substituting dolphin kick for the whip kick on the breast stroke, I was able to do the first IM on 1:57 and I am pretty stoked about that.

300 as 200 free, 100 no free
300 as 200 free, 100 drill
300 as 200 free, 100 kick

3x50 on 1:00, descend
3x100 on 1:50
3x50 on :50
3x100 on 1:45
3x50 on :55
3x100 on 1:40
3x50 on 1:00

300 on 5:30, 1st 100y IM
3x100 on 1:45
15 sec rest
200 on 3:45, 1st 100y IM
2x100 on 1:45
15 sec rest
100 on 2:00, IM
100 on 1:45

200 free very easy

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Masters swim tonight. Looking forward to it! These back to back hard days of swimming my be making me sore, but it's whooping me back in shape. Plus the lane I'm in has 5 ironmen in it and 1 soon to be. And 4 are racing 140.6 this year so we're all pushing it hard.

feels good to be getting back to swim shape!! I've let swimming go on idle for several years and within 5 weeks I'm back to where I was several years ago.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Ronbo - good to have you back! And impressive to be back to a good swimming shape in such a short period of time!
Julie - hope the dentist procedure is going smoothly
Sparty - no reason to stress out! Let your expections, or wishful thinking go, and be yourself!

6miles. My easy run is at nice low HR and at a decent pace. Legs were bit sore from the yesterday's trail race. The back/hip is tight. Not liking it.
I will have to sit in a car for 5hrs now.....

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Easy lunch time run with co-worker (4.3 miles at 9:45s or so). Well - easy pace-wise, but cold with body feeling sore from lots of lugging things up/downstairs this weekend - so not really easy despite the pace. Still need to get my last few bike miles in to hit 5200 - but given upcoming weather, not looking promising until this weekend, maybe....

Geo.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
A little behind here. We are pretty busy with some things here in real-life. Sneaked out for four miles at lunch today. A little cool, and I was a little sluggess, but felt good to get out and get some miles. We have zero decent run routes from the office, but the shoulder of the road is doable.

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
1:15 on Trainer road - riding 3 days in a row took it's toll on me, especially with my lack or much riding lately.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts