Kick Runners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three days until Christmas (for those who are looking forward to it)... how did THAT happen?!

Weekend Recap...

Saturday: 13.1 mile solo easy run in 1:50. Decided that I need to do a test run to see if my annual New Year's Boston Marathon run would be on. Although my body didn't feel great, it did feel better than it has, as I really do feel as if I am turning a corner, which isn't to say I am all of a sudden feeling spunky and fast and light on my feet (I am not), but I am doing better, even on my regular daily short runs. I kept the pace always at as comfortable an effort level I could find.

Sunday: 5 mile trail run with 3 others. Nice to be back out on trails with my peeps.

Monday: 5 mile solo, easy road run. Shorts again for 29F.

Great day, friends!

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Glad that the test was successful, Thor.
Usual commute for me ... sounds like the only one of the week. Mid 16s ... kind of dragging after a poor night's sleep and too much food yesterday at the Connecticut Christmas celebration... Looking forward to a good stretch of slugging (Thinking I'll work M/T this week, and enjoy a 5 day weekend...).
Up to 5380 on the year after tonight's return commute ... so 5400 very likely, and an outside shot at 5500+ ...

Geo.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Howdy all!

Some great kid accomplishments the last few days - nice work parents! :)

PT this morning where we determined that the issue is the arthritis in the pubic bone and my wacked out adductors NOT my labral tears. (we think) A couple more weeks of PT and then I'm not sure. Did a couple of new moves with the TRX...not the best idea.

·
Registered
7,890 Posts
Thor - happy or hear the test was good. Looking forward to hearing the boston run!

Geo - 5500! 5500! 5500! (You have no choice now.....)

Sparty - hang in there. Anything you do, it will take good 3 weeks to see the results.

6 miles under sunny sky. Off work today but DS had a wrestling practice. So drooped him off, ran out of the school to Hines Dr (son trails !), took a shower at nearby lifetime fitness and back to school to pick him up. That's how this parent rolls.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Thor: Glad the test went well.
Sparty: UGh, keep being patient!
Geo: You are a madman! Awesome
Just got back and almost done with my Christmas shopping!!! Just one little thing left!!!

X3 Yoga Isometric this morning. 145/200 stepping miles so far for the month with 9 days to go, I am going to hit my goal easy!!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
You all are rock stars for many many reasons.

45 min on the elliptical at lunch today.

I think I'm going to take off tomorrow. Too much to do and not enough hours in the day.

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
4 miles.. 2 of them as part of the CMS Xmass run. We run around the city bars, hospital, firehouse singing stupid songs and being idiots.. it was fun ;)

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Made it to late morning masters swim! 3300y
Way too much sugar and a bit much wine at a neighbor's party on Sunday, so I felt pretty much like a barge in the water and felt like almost complete crud all day.

400 free
200 no free
300 as 50 drill/50 kick

5x300 on 5:30
1- 75 smooth, 25 fast
2- 50 smooth, 50 fast
3- 25 smooth, 75 fast
4- fast
5- smooth

4x (2x50 fast on 1:00, 1x50 ez on 1:00)

3x 100 IM on 5 sec rest

1 - 11 of 11 Posts