Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Good morning, I did something completely different for me this morning and biked for 45 minutes.   Up and around a local forest preserve and back home for just under 10 miles.   It was a lot of fun, I don't know why I haven't done it before.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Happy trails, all!</p>

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
<p>Morning <strong>zrun</strong>. Nice job on the ride.  I wish I had a road bike so I could have that option of sumthin different now and then.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My legs are still a lil sore from the race.  I think I'm gonna try a really easy 3 mile shake out, see if I can't loosen things up a bit.  Its nice to be able to just run 'whatever' for the next few weeks.</p>

·
Registered
9,689 Posts
<p>zrun--stick 'round these parts and we'll convert you to multisport!</p>
<p>BBS--you know you'll feel better after an easy run...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Terrible night's sleep, which is frustrating because I was whipped after yesterday!  Today is the first day of school.  After making sure sons 2 and 3 made it on the bus, I took the hound for our usual 2.5m stroll.  I probably could have run some of it, so it's good I had the hound who is not a running partner! </p>

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
<p>Good morning all.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Nice ride Zrun.</p>
<p>Sorry you're still sore BBS - hope the shakeout run goes well.</p>
<p>Great racing yesterday 4BM -- rest up...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I did my 8 mile mountain road run again. Legs still fine even after yesterday's long run, which was a pleasant surprise...</p>

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
<p>Morning...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>BBS - Ah, enjoy this time before your M training starts</p>
<p>ZRun - Make that three of us.  Wish I had a road bike too.  Would probably ride on my days off. </p>
<p>4boys - What are you going to do with all that extra time with your boys off at school?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>A big fat rest day for me.  Feel pretty decent today.  May start adding back my core on off days. </p>

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
<p>SRD for me.  Legs don't feel sore from the 20 yesterday and I was tempted to go for a run but aired on the side of sensible.  My ankle was tender - it seems that once I get over ~50mpw the tendonitis starts to creep back.  I need to make sure I do my PT exercises.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>zrun</strong> - biking... something I should do on Mondays. My road bike has been sitting in the garage gathering dust ever since the Galena Duathlon in May 2009... good job I got new tires just before hand.  My mountain bike hasn't been touched in 4 or 5 years.</p>
<p><strong>Dan</strong> - have fun piling on the pounds</p>
<p><strong>Loopy</strong> - the machine is back</p>
<p><strong>4boysmom</strong> - wise move the day after a race.  I'll have to look for your RR.</p>
<p><strong>BBS</strong> - shake it out.</p>

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
<p>Good morning everyone.  First day of school here and my son does not start until Next Monday for Kindergarten.  Time to get back to having all the schools zone speed limits and such.  I got out today for 10 X 1:30.   Here is the break down of the paces as it was effort based.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>6:35; 6:42; 6:43; 7:01; 7:12; 6:56; 6:30; 6:39; 6:34; 6:33</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The route I ran is up and down, but can be done without having to stop.  I may or may not do a core workout today also.  have a great morning everyone.</p>

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
<p>Rob you are a beast. Keep it up man! Nice run yesterday too.</p>
<p>Hope you start feeling back to your old self soon BBS.</p>
<p>Glad you're keeping a careful eye on things John. Enjoy the day off.</p>
<p>Nice run zrun, I had my great run this weekend at the nature preserve that we did for long runs in high school. Nice to get off the sidewalks and highways and look at scenery.</p>
<p>Loopy, glad to see you're back to running and feeling better.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Shakeout trot for me this morning...27mins. Now packing up for camp, so 'll see you guys on Thursday or Friday. Have a good week people.</p>

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
<p>Beastly indeed, Chances!<br><br>
I'm finally in Asheville after a long drive and late arrival last night. Not sure what today holds yet, still figuring it out.<br><br>
Lots of options so we'll see...</p>

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
<p>Good day all.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Busy, busy, busy.  You know the deal.  Anyhow...7 mile run this morning with 3 at a tempo pace of 6:20.  Starting my taper for my HIM on September 5th.  I am so ready for this taper.  Legs are hurting and time to recover and get ready to go.</p>

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
<p>OK well no run today but we did hike about 4 miles on some trails off the Blue Ridge Parkway. Some of it was pretty rugged - I don't think I could have run it anyway. Fun times though.<br><br>
I have some good trail maps for the other side of town. Should be some good running & riding (we brought our mtn bikes with us) tomorrow.</p>

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
<p>Fly by report: After getting up 30 minutes late this morning, I slogged through my normal 5.2 mile run.  I saw the ducks again, quacked at them and they answered today.  They left 2 eggs on the sidewalk again and I successfully avoided them again.  I wonder if any of those eggs survive more than a day?  Then I got home and I had to start getting stuff ready for the kids first day of school.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Later!</p>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.