Kick Runners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, TEAM LIT!

Kirsten: Congratulations, Ironwoman! You did it.

Cak: Make no mistake that break out races are a result of hard, consistent training, learning to adapt and power your body, and being a student of sport. There are few people who ever get to say that they have done Ironman, and there very, very few people of that group who can say that laced together a perfect race at the Ironman level. This didn't just happen. You earned it. Nicely done. Proud of you.

Weekend Recap...

Saturday: 16 mile trail run with two others in 2:39.

Sunday: 8 mile jog stroller run with one other.

Monday: 4 mile run.

Great day, friends!

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Morning all!

Didn't make it up to track CAK and KSurp in - but a huge CONGRATULATIONS!!!! to you both. What an amazing accomplishment - and vindication for you KS ... so glad this had a happier ending...

Usual morning commute for me ... hi 17's and feeling yesterday.

Couple of pics from yesterday's ride (not mine). If you're wondering, I'm the solid blue shirt..

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
Congrats to Cake and KSurp!!! Recover well.

Thanks for the positive (and funny) feedback regarding my bleacher workout Friday. The one scheduled for this week should be a doozy. I'll post what we do on Wednesday. I am a big fan of cross-training and variety in my workouts, making me a very average triathlete and runner but a fit person overall. Saturday was my long run - 7.25ish is long these days - and Sunday was a hilly 32 mile bike ride. This morning I taught my HIIT class, and I am already sore!!! Ugh...... Swim after work today, assuming my leaden legs don't drown me!

Due to injury, I haven't done a tri in more than a year. I could jump into a splash and dash this Saturday... swim 400 meters and run 5K. I should do it, right? Just for fun?

Have a great day, even though it's Monday. :)

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS Cak and KSurp!!!!! I cannot wait for race reports from both of you!!!! :cheers:
Cak- Way to put it all together and make it look so easy.
KSurp- Holy crap woman.... you did it!!!!!!!! Way to persevere throughout the year and through this race. You earned this, great job!!!!

Me-
Saturday DH and I rode the local trail as he wants to be a little more sure of himself with these pedals before going off onto the roads again. I think he proved that he's just fine. 20 miles in the books for both of us.
Sunday I went running- 5.5 miles.

Today-
We might hit the pool this evening. I need to get back to it, I'm just not motivated for it. Otherwise just the usual daily stretching, core and strength.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Theia and TT: I am so with you on the fine when I get there but getting there to the pool or lake or whatever body of water is the hardest part.
Cak and Ksurp: Please tell me you bought yourselves something from the finisher store that you'll wear with pride every time you need a boost or really just because you can. You have done that which many can only dream. Most exciting following I think I've done online. :D

Hubster wanted to know if he could join KR. I told him of course he could. Not sure if he will but he may. Just an FYI :)

DOR planned for me today. Considering a butt and legs class at a local place recommended by a friend. They have a class tonight and Hubster plays pool on Monday so I'm otherwise free. Hmmm decisions, decisions...

Great day all!

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
So so proud of you, Cak and ksurp!!! It helps reignite a fire (okay, a mere spark at this point).

Litany of excuses over here for being inactive and bowing out of a couple of races (only losing $ on 1). #1 on the list is the lingering sinus infection. #2 is my hip. It's peeved.

In much better news DH starts work next week, our marathon relay was fantastic and even though Lk Superior wouldn't let me kayak she was pretty to look at!

Have a great Monday!

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
So happy and excited about your accomplishments, cak and ksurp!!! It must be a sweet sweet moment to cross the finish line, k!!

Geo - yeah I definately see the resemblance between you two.
MQ - the more the merrier! Trying a new class is always fun!
Sparty - are u working on the strength stuff?! Keep working on those 10min exercises. They will help your hip. Im with you - I can't wait to get back into the normal schedule - my kids will go back to school next Monday.

1.2 mile OWS. Felt really good and enjoyed the beautiful sun. I have decided to ramp up my running (36miles last week, highest prob in more than a year or more?) so swimming is taking a back seat; only 2nd swim in a few weeks.
Some strength exercises during DS's martial art class later.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Congrats to the IronWomen!! You both rocked that race!! Enjoy your accomplishment!!!

No swims for me this week unless I go OW this weekend, due to my pool being closed for yearly maintenance. I decided against going to another pool, or adding distance to my rides/runs and am just going to take advantage of the extra recovery time I'll have, along with a little extra free time. :) So, a 7 mile run this morning with most in Z2, but had some intervals of 5x4:00 in Z4.

Have a great day!!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Cak and Ksurp: Please tell me you bought yourselves something from the finisher store that you'll wear with pride every time you need a boost or really just because you can. You have done that which many can only dream. Most exciting following I think I've done online. :D
There are a lot of things that I want to say right now but I'll save most of it for my race report. However...
1. Knowing you all were virtually there made a big difference. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Adam and Monica get a HUGE SHOUT OUT. I had about 1.5 miles or so left in the run and it was around 11:30pm, I come around a corner and there they were and they walked me in to the village and the chute. Freakin' awesome.
3. Yes, I did get official finisher's gear :).

Today's workout:
Walking up and down the hill to our condo twice - very slooowww walk,
Standing in line at the Finisher Store,
Riding the Gondola to the top of the mountain to check out the view,
and riding the luge carts with the family.
After seeing the extreme Zipline tour set up at the top of the mountain we decided that we really didn't want to do that as a family activity this week. (thank goodness!)
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Congratulations Ironwomen Cak and Ksurp! You guys rock, so proud of you!

Rest day today. Freaking project work has me sitting all.day.long typing. Ugh, Wed it's done and I can't wait to regain my training and weight loss focus.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Yeah, that was an exciting thread to read through. Congrats again.

Sat was a four mile run because I bagged it on Friday. Then Sunday was a 20 miler in some humid weather. One of those runs where you can feel the sweat dripping off the shorts. Went pretty good though.

Today I made the mistake of heading out with a group of crazy fast guys on the dirt. They were blazing so I finally cut about one mile off by taking a shortcut. They are a friendly bunch though. They swore it would be an easy day. Uh, yeah.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Thanks, everyone, SO MUCH! Your support is overwhelming and hugely appreciated!

I have to echo Kirsten's above points 1, 2, & 3. Seriously.

My personal edit to the #2 point is this:
For whatever reason (I thought it was that I had set my bike computer incorrectly but changing the setting during the ride didn't solve the issue but perhaps it was the hours that the powertap sat in the rain Saturday afternoon through Sunday morning) my power meter wasn't providing correct power readings throughout my ride. They were way low or, at times, non-existent and I didn't trust them when they seemed like they could be right. I settled in and rode by feel and hoped I wasn't over-biking my way to a poor run.

As I headed back out for loop #2 on the run, I shouted to Monica, "My power meter was broken!"
She replied, "But you're not."
I CLUNG to that. "You're not broken. You're not broken." became a very important mantra during the second half of my run.

DOR for me today. Back home in MA. Having a beer.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
watching our Iron women last night was the big thing! I'm so excited to see you both through the end.
I had 2 walks today, big hill 3 mile and small hill 1 miler. Back to the bike tomorrow!

BethR I have an out of control project that has erratic hours (you have a meeting starting 5 mintues ago and you are in charge...) it has been messing up my schedule, luckily I don't' have a family so I can drop other things but I find myself going off on random walks or grabbing a quick workout at odd hours when I want to concentrate on a more consistent series of workouts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts