Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang!
Meeting ran into lunch and had to leave right after for a Doc appt and then did errands to get more stuff for the garden. Ended up running with the pup when I got home, for just under 3 miles. She immediately took a nap. lol

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Zoj - must be fun running with a pup!

Geo - those spiky needles from porcupine, what would happen if you try to remove them yourself? What would a vet do differently anyway?

My usual 3000yds. I normally finish 3000yd just around 60min-61min. Today 1.5min to spare, woohoo!

After work, 5miles. Lots of short walk breaks. Still didn’t go over 11min/mile so I call it good.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Yo I'm not Geo but have helped with other people's pups and porcupines. The needles have sort of barbs so are hard to get out the way they went in and missed ones can work their way into the throat or eyes so although I've helped a vet would be so much better and safer. We had to hold a pitchfork over hte dogs neck to hold him still (my job) and pull them out with pliers..not for the faint of heart. I imagine a quick anesthetic and a scalpel would make it easier.

I have the dome all but skinned, 6 triangles remain and its been storming since Friday. It looked like we might get a little break this am but now winds and clouds are back. I'm still trying to track down where the door order is.

Nice consistency on the swim Yo. I need to ramp up the swim now that the pool is working and ski season is over. I don't have a headache again today, its been on and off and worse at night. I will be sad if open water season catches me unprepared since its so short here. I haven't' had regular workouts since the vaccine took me down over a month ago. So time to get back on the bus with swims 3x/week for now at Yo's distance although the EP just gives you this interpreted distance but 3k should do the trick for a start. I also have to get back on the push ups "wagon" as my upcoming rescue swim testing requires them.. I dont' yet feel 100% recovered but i dont' want to get too far behind. Who knew the vaccine would knock me out worse than the original virus..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts