Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PT then off to the pool, where I remembered everything this time! 1300+ yards, including a 400 TT and 200 TT - need to send that data to my "coach"

Then later continued to work on fixing our beach. Pipe and pond pebbles are in, but not sure how much I need to add or if I need to add anything else. Need to have DH inspect before I go any further.

dark out at 4:45 pm boo!

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
Zoj - Fixing beach sounds like a solid workout! Just curious why coach is in " "?

SB - I saw your reply regarding Grand Teton vs Tower. Thank you. I am leaning toward GT and aware of the backcountry permit - opens on Jan 6! Tower's route is at higher altitude compared to the route I am thinking to do in GT. Prob need to stay above 6000ft or so to help acclimatization a bit.

1hr pool time during lunch. First time in a while to be able to get out to a community college pool 12~1PM. My focus on basic/high elbow continues... so I got only 2300yds in an hour.
After work, I rode to my home course (3 miles), met up with a GF and we rode the singletrack backwards. Riding a very familiar singletrack at night AND backwards is a treat, like a totally brand-new trail :) She just came back from 10-day trip to west (driving to CO/UT and back) so we chatted the whole way catching up. About 1:30 total. Beautiful night, started at around low 60's and it was still in mid 50's by the time I rode home all by myself in the dark on gravel road.....

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Today I went to the dentist because I broke off a filling along wiht all my other woes, I tend to clench and grind when in pain.
Yo-the dentist lent me some older books on hiking and climbing Grand Teton, he had climbed several routes but I think you were sticking with hiking?
You are welcome to stay here to acclimate, either car camp or use the barn loft the barn is a tad under 8,000 feet and now has its own bathroom.

I am nearing the end of the steroid treatment but I've sort of given up trying to keep my routines going. This often happens I work through the early pain or problems then give up at the end. 4 days on full insomnia after 2 weeks of waking often are not helping. I figure I will coast this week then hopefully be better and restart my routines next week. I expect GEO to start up with me! We ahve ski season to train for (weights/strength and cardio, probably walking up hills for me) and the last gasp of cycling if the snow allows!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts