Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short run today as alas, another noon time meeting - this time a division level presentation. Doesn't look like have any more noon meetings for a while, which is good.

Been watching the Olympic channel and the downhill, GS and Super G events - so impressive what those skiers can do! And Mikaela Shiffron won two more medals this past weekend. her total is at 70 now (I believe), behind Lindsey Vonn and a European woman (Forgot who)....

DD heads back down to Mississippi in less than two weeks (boo) and DS is planning on moving to the condo sometime in May. Best option for him to move out, and start to live on his own, without it being uber expensive. He's still trying to figure out his career path... We've been going through stuff periodically, with items going up into the attic and other stuff getting donated or sold. I have a HUGE bin of baby clothes up in the attic that I need to take down and go through...

Yo - bummer you missed her call - I'm sure she'll call once she arrives and gets settled. Where in Hawaii will she be?

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Hah! My son is about to quit his job of 2.5 years (which he hates) and go road-tripping with his GF before starting to chart another career path in who knows what (has a degree in Mech E, but doesn't feel like it's an appropriate fit). Wishing him good luck, because I know he's not happy doing what he's doing now. Feel like I should remember the Euro-woman's name (probably Austrian).

Got ambitious and actually got on the Nordic Track today. Also managed to have a decent workout AND watch an episode of Chuck. Not bad!

Also went through the woods with the dog once (no bears) and got out for an evening walk.

Geo.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
SB - Which Subaru do you drive? How did you like Ascent? Congrats on the 3rd finish! And interesting comments about Nomadland. Speaking of 3-pin XC shoes/binding, I was told a few years ago those were ancient style and no more availability. But past weekend at a XC shop, this guy told me he had some shoes, just not my size. Next fall he is expecting more shoes to come in. With a new set of pole I just bought from this shop at $25(!), I am good with this 20+yrs old ski from SIL for some more years!

Zoj - totally dislike a noon meeting! Remind me again, DD is taking classes (or internship?) down Mississippi? My DD is in Oahu now. And moving to Maui on 15th I think. I hope she gets along with others working on the same project and living together...

Geo - Sorry to hear your SIL being sick. Hope DW isn't too stressed out about that. Yes, wish DS luck! Sounds like a courageous move... many just keep doing what they may not enjoy doing. Good on him.

Kids paths..... many paths out there and it will take time and all different approaches to get to where they eventually get to... I hope I do have enough patience and wisdom to help kids find their own paths. DS's GF is graduating this May and talking about going to a grad school (remotely) and move to west or south as soon DS finishes his degree (hopefully May 2022). I have a mixed feeling about that...

3000yd swim (I think) in the nearby college pool. I just couldn't count after 50yd...some 200yd sets were 250yd or even 300yd since when I looked at the watch, it didn't make any sense.... It wasn't as crowded as the other day, only 7 swimmers.
Then after work, 5miles with DH. Headache plus dead legs (from the ride yesterday). But got it done.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Yo-which shop did you go to? 3 pin has remained alive and well in europe and the free heel (tele and xcd) communities, most nordic shops liek to say its dead. THe porblem is most boots sold in the USA are pretty heave and we are waiting for lighter ones to be imported again.

I drive a 2004 outback legacy. I like the Ascent it feels more like a turck/suv but sitll rides car like. I parked it next t a tundra and they were similar in stance although the tundra is longer. SO only likes trucks, i actually prefer a smaller vehicle but out here accidents are typically vs large pick up or vs moose so bigger is a bit better. I keep trying to move out my tuesday meeting schdule but it jsut keeps staying clumped around the mid day and exhausting ebcuase its 3 meetings
I amanged to get a blister next to a callus on a big toe so my taper had been short walks and short swims in the EP this week. Still trying to source some parts that are missing. Hope to get out on skis tuesday if the meetings allow or wednesday. was waiting from some boots from REI but they are wandering the coutnry corssing my locaiton over and over maybe they will arrive by next winter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts