Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang!
spent last week in Yuma Arizona for work - long days, spent in 95-100 degree heat in the desert, meant minimal time on the computer and only two workouts...and a recovery weekend when I got home.

PT first thing this morning for my right knee...some fluid (minor) in the joint which could have come from lifting (lunges and squats), coupled with travel and the heat...but clearly no idea why. So, need to lay off running for a bit (a few days anyway) and ride/swim this week.

so....

45 min on the trainer, with a new seat (bi-saddle)...which is different...but do not want to jinx it. :)

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
One of those ISM saddles? Hopefully it works out... Picked a pretty good week to miss. It got colder around these parts!

I ended up taking yesterday off, and ran long(ish) today. Colder temps and drizzle = a decent run (although my hamstring feels a bit strained). 9-ish miles @ 8:25 pace... so not bad at all.

·
Registered
8,090 Posts
Zoj - no time to do any sightseeing while being in AZ? :(. And sorry to hear about your knee.. is it a recurring issue?

Geo - another speedy run! And a nice long ride, fall colors at peak soon? You have your own cell tower on your roof?!? Definitely a noteworthy event!!

4-day trip to Porcupine Wilderness State Park was great. The colors weren’t quite peak, but still beautiful area to hike. Left Wed PM to drive like 7 hrs to Marquette. Got there 9:40-ish and couldn’t find a place to eat..! Even chain restaurants were closed :(. Ended up buying read-to-eat stuff at a grocery store, which was horrible, except beer and dessert. Thursday had only 2:20 to drive. Finished 8- mile while sun was still up, the back country campsite was right on Lake Superior, which was awesome! On Friday, hiked about 11miles through the old growth forest to a campsite on Big Carp river. Saturday was a short distance to mirror lake. After pitching a tent we went for the summit loop including the second highest point in MI. Rain started late Sat night…. Sunday, hit the government peak, met up SIL/BIL (who hiked from the end of the trail where our car was packed). Rained the entire time, but fun to have them with us. Learned a lot about mushrooms from SIL. Continuous rain didn’t stop us from enjoying beer and snack SIL brought at the parking lot. Once heading out to home we realized how aggressive out plan was. 9-hr drive in sometime superheavy rain was rough. Had to take a nap in a parking lot for a few hrs…. We got home at 4am…. Yeah too aggressive plan it was…. And we worked today!!

Oh workout. 3000yd swim at a local HS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts