Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo - a couple of things. (1) re breathing - have you been checked for exercise induced asthma? I had it for a while and it only presented itself when I was running. I used an inhaler and that helped immensely. It eventually calmed down and I don't use an inhaler any longer. Just a thought. (2) re shoulder - I had a grade 2 RC tear in my right shoulder, yet I could still swim pain free. I got pain mostly at night and while riding. Sometimes the pain would disappear for several days to a week, but always came back. My point, it might be getting slightly better, but since you didn't get any imaging done, you really don't know what you are dealing with. I have 100% mobility and strength in my shoulder and it has been 13 years since my surgery. (both shoulders actually)

yesterday was a rest day and dinner at at local Mexican restaurant.

Today out on the roads in the HHH - oof. About 3 miles done.

Geo - nice ride with DD! Good luck with the move! My DD is scheduled to leave for Scotland on Sept 8, but hasn't gotten her student visa yet, so we are sitting on pins and needles now. She does have one bag fully packed and another 1/2 done.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
I am going to call my Doc tomorrow to get a MRI ordered on my shoulder. Yeah no fun not being able to swim and I need to get to the bottom of this. Exercises induced asthma - no, never been mentioned. Worth investigating.

2-mile walk, that is it. The weather was rough in the evening (rain and wind) and I have lost an interest in doing some strengths exercises due to shoulder issue... it is amazing how much you use your shoulder to do some core exercises.
Then got busy to pack for this weekend car camping with DS/his GF, as DH is leaving for Chicago tomorrow and I am driving to Chicago with a packed car on Thursday to pick all up. It should be fun ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts