Kick Runners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Commute day for me. Crossed the 5500 threshold, heading to 5600+ - given the weather over the next two days. About 42/43 on the day (adding a little extra for PR purposes). May continue with the shorter commute (10.6 miles / 21.2 RT) into the new year - as long as road is passable. It's quicker than driving some days anyway!

Hope everyone is having a great holiday season! It's been nice to have some time off ... The first full work week in January is going to feel rough!

Geo.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Geo - woohooooo!! PR!PR!! a very cold air is coming your way soon. I like your review of the movie, Mud. Matthew M fit well for the character.
Sparty - jump rope?

Easy 6miles after dropping off DS at his wrestling practice. Coughing wasn't an issu during the run but before and after was bad. It doesn't seem to be getting better. I'm wondering all these running is prolonging the recovery . After all running in cold does something to your lung? (Though I don't think my coughing has anything to do with my lung). It is supposed to get really cold.... We are heading to even colder Northern Michigan tomorrow PM..... Whose idea was that...

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Julie - walking for now (sooo exciting). I can ride for short periods and will start that after we come back from vacation. I'm hoping to convince my in-laws to give me their NordicTrac. :blush:

Yoshiko - we will be up North too. Sadly there isn't any snow...

An easy walk and some PT work.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Geo woot woot!
Me a brutal quick hills ride, it won't get me to my distance goal for the month but it should help with my next ride goal (great western loop). 10.9 miles 1200 ft elevation gain & loss. I'm ok up to 7% grade the 9% really kicks my behind and with cold moist air rolling in on our "mountain (coastal mountain = hill by most standards) I had a light bit of coughing when I paused before one of the final steep sections. My goal route for while its still decently cool out is 45 miles 3800 ft but remote enough that you are on your own. I have survived it over 10 years ago this time I want to enjoy it (so does that mean Jan's goal is elevation not distance??).

Yo Sake if making yourself cough in the cold makes it worse then we're in the same boat I'm probably 90% better but changes into moist cold or warm dry still get me. I hope we are both better shortly.

We are due a weather change too and that will be a test for me, storms are coming that's what started my cough. People are also arriving for the New Year's day "polar plunge" which is a 3 mile swim for us, lets hope there's no urban runoff before then!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts