Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Monday, 10 Jan - Workouts!

258 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Yo Sake 
#1 ·
Hey gang!
sorry been off the board...sometimes I completely forget to get on - sigh.

Yo - new tires for DD's car - 2010 Mazda 6...we are a Mazda family, though I am looking at a mini cooper for my next car. We'll see. and you couldn't lift your arm for a few days??? That's not good. Even though it is feeling better now, take it easy ok?

Geo - impressive on Zwift. I should get back on there for a few months to give me some options. I need to do another ramp test for TR and I think I am going to dump Rouvy - not too happy with it.

SB- looks like winter has definitely arrived in your neck of the woods. We did get about 6 inches with Friday's storm, which made everyone head to the mountains for the weekend....

Friday ended up being another 30 min on the trainer and a quick 10 min strength video in which the dog tried to help me with my pushups...lol

Saturday - afternoon on the slopes with my new skis. couldn't quite get the hang of them, which bummed me out, even though DH said I was doing good. Conditions were decent for New England, but scratchy for sure.

Sunday - nothing as it was freezing rain/drizzle a the mountain, so ended up being movie day.

Today - out on the roads for 2.5 miles. My pace has dropped off since the race and not sure why. sigh.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
New sports equipment (ski in your case) is always fun to play with, I am sure your ski instructor hubby is right - you are doing well! I wish I had more opportunities to do downhill skiing.... I used to do quite a bit (in Japan). I think my last time doing the downhill was like 25yrs ago, near Bristol NH (the company I used to work for, Freudenberg-NOK, had a mfg plant there). I made DH fly there and join me after my biz trip. He was never a downhill skier. I remember every time he came down, he was sitting at a lodge drinking. Then took a lift to up there and came down skiing, then hit the lodge for a drink. Prob did only <10 runs.

45min walk during lunch. Then 5.5mile run after work. O M G, it was brutally cold. 7F but the windchill was -7F. I was afraid my nose would fall off. We still haven't run 'more miles than degree' this year yet. My own rule says windchill counts!! I would say this was one of the COLDEST ever run. I would take 2F with no wind and sunny condition any day. Another good run, in spite of strong headwind and pitch dark on my return. I ave. <10:00mi/m. Yay me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.