Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somewhat challenging workout tonight before our little meet tomorrow. I'll definitely keep myself in check for best chance of success tomorrow.<br><br>
Have a good day!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I enjoyed the wonderful weather (58°F) and the brilliant moonlight early this morning as I ran 12 easy miles around town. I hope your runs go as well.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
4 miles on the 'mill. Alot of interruptions, as Easy is not so content to just sit and watch me anymore. I'm going to have to start putting them in the YMCA daycare for my workouts, I think. But it felt good to run. mY legs felt pretty fresh even after Saturday's race.

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Hi all,<br><br>
No run today. Scheduled day off. Works out pretty well, cause the quads are bit sore after yesterday's PR in the half-marathon.<br><br>
I'll probably do some abs work tonight.<br><br>
I hope you all have a good/safe run today!

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hill work tonight at a bit over 1/4 mile each. Started off running 2 miles easy out to the hill. Then 1:36, 1:31, 1:27, 1:22 with a jog back down between each one plus some rest at the bottom. Then jog a mile cooldown. Felt decent tonight...nothing overly sore, so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
Track tonight with my coach's group. I had an easy workout, 4 X 800. I would have liked to have done another 1-2. My times were 3:29, 3:28, 3:26, 3:26. With warm-up and cool down the workout was 4.5 miles.<br><br>
We finished with cake -- one of the regulars is getting married next week so we had a little shower. I LOVE cake, so thinking about the slice I'd get at the end motivated me to push as hard as I could.

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
late check in with my run for tonight. I did 4 miles and timed myself this time (usually I don't keep close check on my times, unless it's a TM run). I ran the first two miles in 18.42 and the second two miles in 17.29. Typically, I'm a 9.5 to 10.5 min/mi runner, but for the last few monthes I've been trying to do one running session per week where I incorporate in some speedwork. It's not much though. Certainly not as disciplined as the speedwork that I see some runners do. But it must be starting to pay off because those last two miles didn't even feel like a super hard effort. I felt like I could have kept up that pace for even longer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts