Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this month's Shape magazine there was this article titled "3 ways to beat breakfast boredom" and the breakfasts they listed make my mouth water every time I read it so I thought I'd share.<br><br>
"<b>If you like it sweet</b>, mix: 1/2 cup cheerios, 1/2 cup Special K, 2 tbsp. walnuts, 1/2 cup sliced peaches, and one tsp. honey; Add milk<br><br><b>If you like it warm:</b> Stir 1/3 cup canned pumpkin pie filling and 1 crushed graham cracker into 1 cup cooked plain oatmeal. Sprinkle with about 1/4 tsp. each ground ginger and cinnamon.<br><br><b>If you like it crunchy:</b> Mix 1/2 up Wheaties, 1/4 cup low-fat granola, 1/4 cup trail mix, and a sliced banana; add milk"<br><br>
All of those sound really good to me--I usually have my oatmeal w/brown sugar and walnuts, sometimes some berries, so a change would be good. These are the kind of things I can do quickly or in advance for the dry stuff, which is great before work.<br><br>
Anyone have any others to add?<br><br>
Lisa

·
Registered
16,043 Posts
How funny, there's a website out there that is devoted to cereal mixing. I'm trying to remember it...<br><br>
(that pumpkin graham oatmeal mix looks divine.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts