Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/o.con.klox.cf.s.0002.000000t0000z- 080129t1300z/ Ventura County Coast- Los Angeles County Coast Including Downtown Los Angeles- Catalina Island- 759 Pm Pst Mon Jan 28 2008<br><br>
...above Normal Surf And Dangerous Rip Currents Continues To Affect Beaches From Point Conception To Long Beach Overnight...<br>
The Strong Southerly Winds That Generated A Significant But Short Period South Swell Has Begun To Diminish Some This Evening. This Swell Will Continue To Produce Surf Mostly Between 3 To 4 Feet Along South To Southwest Facing Beaches...with Occasional Sets Near 6 Feet Over The Most Exposed Shores Through Midnight. This Swell Will Continue To Subside Through The Night. Dangerous Rip Currents Will Likely Continue As Well Overnight. All Persons Should Be Aware Of The Risks Associated With Water Related Activities And Use Extreme Caution When Entering The Ocean. When In Doubt...just Stay Out. When Visiting The Shoreline Never Turn Your Back On The Ocean.

·
Registered
596 Posts
"Never Turn Your Back On The Ocean."<br><br>
That belongs on a t-shirt.<br><br>
I wonder why they capitalize each word?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
If you are thinking of it today, its the urban runoff that will get you not the surf which is nothing much! Give it a day or so to settle out!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Never turn your back on the ocean is serious stuff. I have seen and heard of real bad injuries from people getting bowled over by waves and head-planted into the sand.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Silly Ronbo. There are places to swim in Long Beach and Corona Del Mar where you shouldn't have to deal with that stuff. No waves there, so you would miss that part of the experience.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
1! That's how I broke my first finger. It's amazing how a wave can pick you up and drive you into the beach and how in a foreign country no one cares.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts