Kick Runners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang!
missed yesterday - but did manage PT class in am, then a 5K walk at lunch and then another 3.5 miles with DD just before dinner. yeah, I was pretty toast last night.

Today was errands, setting up my new raised bed, and then more errands....oh and flagging down the ice cream truck! :)

tomorrow is a ride w/DH...

Yo - 1st swim in 2 months and you do 1.2 miles??? I have yet to get in the lake, but when I do, my 1st swim will be more like 1/3 of a mile! lol

Beautiful pics SB!

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
Zoj - my left shoulder isn’t too happy today. I’m just a bit stubborn in case you haven’t noticed.

Geo - we had a few very hot days and lakes are surprisingly warm! You should try it, I’m sure DD is itching to get in a water!

SB - waist-high snow?! Is this weather normal or kinda crazy like everywhere else?

50miles on dirt/paved/single track as a part of “Sherpa 75” ride. This bike friend has been doing this last 15? yrs. A group starts two towns over and rides to the single track 3 miles from our house and continues to another single track about 20miles away. So DH /I meet them at the single track nearby. I was willing to turn back if I didn’t feel good enough. But my headache didn’t get bad and I was able to keep up. The group kinda fell into two groups - once got to the second single track. The faster group was kicking to another level, so the second group took a short cut and headed to our normal brewery stop earlier, haha. Curbside order and nice shandy (a rider dropped off two growlers in their parking lot on his way to the ride starting point, what a nice guy /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif. A great lunch stop. Total 50 miles for the wimps. I remember last year was so hot but it was a bit chilly today, in 60’s.

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
Well, early AM OWS didn’t happen.. I showed up in spite of mid-40 temp but my swim buddy didn’t. I left him a message about the low forecasted temp and uncertainty but he never called back 😞.

Anyway so took advantage of having got up early and went to a hike with A&C. Did the last section of the 35miles trail. 3:50 moving time. Beautiful day for a hike. I spent 17hrs exercising this week, woohoo!!! (But the weight doesn’t budge).

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Yo-its a little warmer than normal but according to old timers nothing relaly out of the ordinary, we expect snow at that altitude it was @ 9,400 ft. Should clear out in mid-july (ish), its hard to understand that really is winter up high until at least mid-June while its summer in the valleys. Last week there was a frined eager to get to the opening of Yellowstone who got surprised by a very normal snow storm.

So on saturday the "primary" fridge decided to die had probably died the night before and was a terrible afternoon surprise messing up all plans to get out as we tried to save things/clean things etc. Luckily i had brought out to Wy my "seocndary" fridge that we use for sort of storage as its normal to go many weeks between shoppign trips in this rural area. So with a lot of work we got it all squeezed in and then sunday was partially wasted on first fridge shoppign online (yes ntohign available quickly) and then I started washign all the dirty rags and lcothes form the fridge clean up only to have the washer fail too. I managed to get it running again but its not going to last much longer (bearings going). The rest of the day was spent on landscape- killing the bad weeds and planting the last of the bare root stock.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Sounds like an appliance day from ****, SB! Probably no big box appliance stores around for miles either...

I don't think you have to fight the battle of the bulge, Yo!

Ended up riding 45+ on Saturday and 50+ on Sunday for 96+ on the weekend. Was meant to get together with a Bagelry biker, but it didn't happen (he bagged out due to wind). Hopefully next weekend - as no full bagelry get togethers are on the horizon...

Rest day on Monday.

geo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts