Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one do you go to when you get an unjury? And why?<br><br>
Do you go to diffent practitioners for different injuries? Why?<br><br>
How are their services and techniques different from one another?

·
Premium Member
16,290 Posts
First and foremost, i either get acupuncture or massage. Why? It is free and usually does the trick. The only reason i go to the chiro is if i have stubborn back pain that does not respond to anything else, usually once a year. Never been to a PT, in the state of PA you need a referral to go to a PT, so you cannot just call one up and go.<br><br>
Most commonly i get therapeutic massage or myofascial release (similar to ART). I usually have ITB or piriformis issues or back pain.<br><br>
Last year i got tendonitis in my foot and three acupuncture treatments cleared it up. I asked the pod for a cortizone shot because i did not want to stop running and he suggested acupuncture, lol. he's too smart.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well I can't speak on the chiro but here are my thoughts on the other two. With just general tightness and a current onset of pain then I would try the massage therapist. But if there is a long standing pain problem then I would seek out the referal to a Physical Therapist. The pain could be caused by a muscle imbalance that could be corrected and with proper strengthening could prevent a reoccurance. Some clinics will even contact your doctor for you to get you a referal without having to go into see the doctor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts