Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SB - thx for all the info. Yeah sounds like your experiences are definitely on “off the beaten paths”. I have read the cool areas you could go only with 4x4. And wish you a luck for getting a shot without any of the negative effects.

Zoj - yeah baby steps.... some are ready to fly away on their own wings from the nest (could be a bit reckless) while others may linger around longer and may need some nudging....

A gorgeous day here in Michigan. Kicked the blah feeling out of my system by planning to riding solo, only ended up picking up a girlfriend whom I haven’t seen for some time, on my “Cafe Ride” route. 8miles or so to her house then another 8 miles with her to Cafe. Had a cup of latte and scone (yes I ride for these)! Then rode home on my usual cafe ride route (more gravel). Total 36miles. Funny thing is she was supposed to go to get a Covid shot (which her husband was not supportive so she was telling him she had to go grocery store) so she declined to meet up first. Then her hubby was like, why did you not want to ride with Yoshiko and rather go to a grocery store??? So she called me back and “I changed my mind, stop over let’s ride!” She is quite a bit older than me so she should be able to get another appo soon. :).

DH and I made an appo for a shot, 70 miles away for Monday. Apparently this rural county has not been able to fill open appo slots. Feel bad to skip the line but.... the only thing is we are leaving for vacation Tuesday night. What if we feel sick after a shot...... decision decision....

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Enjoy vacation, Yo! Hopefully the work stuff doesn't bite you in the a--. And that's a long ride!

Not much going on here - continued house clean out (giving away a few books, putting stuff up on ebay for sale). Was a beautiful day - and should have been out on the bike ... but stayed in and Nordic Tracked for 40 minutes for exercise. Well - at least I did something.

As far as vaccines - I think my AG is able to make appointments in NH starting Monday. No idea on the timeframe though...

geo

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, give yourself a credit to clean the house and hop on the Nordic track!

Beautiful day here again. Feels like we are about a month ahead of the warm weather and flowers budding.... 7.5miles with DH. Got better as I went.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Beautiful here as well ... low 60's. Was going to take bike out for a ride (honest), but my attempt to change a flat on a tire was a bust (twice). Accidentally got some "tubeless ready" tires the last time I ordered online (well - I think the mistake was theirs) - and they are IMPOSSIBLE to change on clincher rims. So - gave up after 30 minutes or so, and ended up zwifting for 33 miles. Also usual tromping around the wood with the dog, grocery shopping, kitchen clean-up, and dog bath (from one too many dives in the neighbor's pond ... chasing geese).

geo

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
geo I got some of those tubeless ready tires on the gravle bike (it came with them) and had to get a tire jack to get them off!

Weekend had more chores like Geo's weather was altnerating melting snow and freezing ice. DId a little walking and snow showing but mostly fixing and repairing. I had to wash an accidental paint dust incident (contractor using a sparying didnt' mask off the pool area correctly andsomethign else went wrong with his system) off the EP. FInally jumped in the EP for 1.5 hours in part becuase my SO went to get me a towel from the house and didn't come back and I didnt' want to freeze walking back to the house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts