Kick Runners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually got my rear out of bed this morning for 5:30 AM, and went on a 26.2 mile ride (mid 17's - 1:30). Basically combined my short and long commutes with a little bit cut out ...

Happy enough with the time - given how I feel these days, but thinking about it, a top marathoner would have come in about 35-40 mins later. Gave me an appreciation for just how damned fast they are ... :)

Yeah - big changes. DD was visiting BF down in MD this week, but is stretching out to the beginning of next week to do paperwork/get a badge/sign a lease, etc... All grown up!

Geo

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I forgot who asked but I traded in my old road bike, which I had given to DD to use, but she didn't really like it, except on the trainer. So since it was just sitting there, collecting dust, out it went. I have one bike, now...

Speaking of bikes, I am seriously considering getting a different one. This one is a 2011 Kestrel tri bike, but even though it is the correct size and I have been fitted on it more times than I can remember, I just can't get comfortable (comfortable being a relative term). I wonder if I should swap back to a road bike w/aerobars. I dunno. and I don't know who to talk to about it either. sigh.

Geo - nice ride today! you beat the heat!

Yo - it will be fine when DD comes home.

I too rode today, but it pretty much sucked. Still having issues with my right knee and both legs fatigued fairly quickly. Just for yuks, I checked my seat height and it is about a 1/2 cm too short. Welp fixing that will help. :)

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
Geo - Impressive commitment to get the super early ride in! You must be so proud - now both kids are financially independent (or very close to it).

Zoj - good luck on a new bike shopping! It’s exciting.

Busy day at work. No lunch walk. What do you guys know about lung capacity and such? I just get so winded quickly during a run, I mean I’m going like 10:30 pace and have to walk. My HR is like high 130’s so heart is not seriously working hard. Could it be a lung issue? I’m tired of not being able to run. I haven’t seen my neurologist for some tome due to this pandemic and don’t feel like making an online appointment. If anything I want to see him and further discuss what else could this be. Trying not to complain what I don’t have and enjoy what I have/can do, which is still a lot but... but.... ugh.
5 miles run/walk took over 1hr. 😞.

DD has been working on scanning/uploading the family pictures (papers, on CDs and on home computers scattered everywhere) in google photos. It’s a huge project but she is so organized and good at these things. I pushed our IT Dept (= DH) enough to figure out how to access the vault (where old photos were stored) via an old laptop. So I have been downloading them to CDROM (too slow to upload directly to google and no functional USB connection). Boy, am I happy to get all these photos in one place finally!!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Yo-now that I am at altitude I notice my asthma a different way I just feel exhausted and then if I check the pulse ox find it down, use my inhaler and hey I am so much better.
Do you have an inhaler? have you tried using it? pulse oximeter (they are cheap) do some self experimentation if you haven’t perhaps.

I like today’s title as well as Geo's ride I feel it was a marathon day for me as well.
I had determined that I would ride to the pool in the am allowing me a longer swim period until SO picked me up. He always seems to get stressed about how looonng I will be when we go together (he drops me and runs errands) in then end he is always late to get me. SO I thought ride the 26 miles to town, swim at leisure and have him pick me up when the pool closes at 1.

Zo has only 1 bike now and perhaps that's a better choice, this am I was running late and found myself playing off the merits of my old road bike vs new gravel bike for what i thought was 100% paved road. My plan was to take a cutoff road to avoid riding on a state highway, I have only been on the road in winter. The road turns out to be 5 miles of dirt and there was a grader mucking it up, a cloud burst and finally some cattle spooked at the grader got out and churned it up. I also of course had a new saddle on the bike (the ruined one was originally form this bike) that was not a perfect match either..
So I finally made my way to the pool 30 minutes later than I hoped only to discover they had decided in order to match various new rules they had to close 10 minutes sooner. And so it was a short 2,500 otoh it turns out that “cutoff” adds not only mud but 5 miles so 30 mile ride and 2500 meters swum. Sitings-prongy the pronghorn ran nearly 10 miles alongside in front of etc my ride to a road I call 40 animals road for its abundance of them. Mule deer tried to take me down actually hitting the back of my bike, reminding me of @ year ago when one knocked me down walking. Is it revenge for hitting one with bear spray last winter? All those cattle on the road too. The trees are starting to get a fuzz of green soon it will be the final phase of spring! We then had errands in town and a long afternoon of working while watering and now I am ready for a long rest!

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
SB- thanks for your suggestion of inhaler, no I have never used it. Pulse oximeters - interesting thought. May try that.

I even get nervous when a big dog chases after me riding and have to yell at him, and here you are, SuperBee, a mule deer tried to take you down?! OMG. I don't think I can go out solo fighting off those wild animals!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts