Woo hoo! Last night's episode confirmed several things. Charles' Widmore owns the freighter. If Ben can be believed and he is telling the truth, then he also knows Penny is looking for Des since Minkowski (sp?) said last week that they were instructed not to answer a call.<br><br>
Next point Ben is CRAZY and uber powerful! What the heck? How in the world did he make Harper appear to Juliette, Mr. Eko's brother appear to him, etc? There is something weird going on here.<br><br>
Okay... what is that new station about? Ben had Goodwin working there... doing what? Dan and the other chick, were stopping the chemicals from escaping and killing everyone on the island. What's going on here? When did Ben use the gas to kill EVERYONE on the island? The murder of the Dharma initiative folks or the 'incident' referred to in the orientation videos?<br><br>
Who do you think is the man on the boat? Michael, Walt, someone we haven't met yet?
1. The Widmore reveal was almost anti-climactic since it has been rumored for so long.<br>
2. I'm not sure Ben is telling the whole truth. Has he ever?<br>
3. The most common theory I've heard about Yemi is that it's the smoke monster taking human form. Could this have been the same thing last night with it taking the shape of Harper?<br>
4. Ben did use the gas before - during the Dharma purge. That was the "incident", I believe. I have no idea why they're manufacturing the gas on the island though.<br>
5. I'm pretty sure - at least according to the previews, that Michael is onthe ship - not sure if he's the captain though.<br><br>
How about this theory - Michael and Walt DID make it back to civilization. Widmore hears about it and hires Michael to captain the freighter since he is the only person to successfully leave the island (other than the Others). Because of this fact Widmore thinks he might be able to find the island again. After he is hired by Widmore, Michael is subsequently contacted by Ben's people in the outside world and blackmailed into working for Ben and against Widmore - kind of a double agent thing.<br><br>
That episode left me a little flat.<br><br>
The whole Juliette back story didn't seem to tell us much that we didn't already know, unless I was missing a lot of subtleties. So she had an affair with Goodwin, Ben put Goodwin in a situation that would most likely mean his death, and he relished letting Juliette know. We already know Ben is a master manipulator, but should we care that Juliette and Goodwin had a fling? Maybe it will have something to do with Harper?<br><br>
I suppose the biggest thing is that Locke isn't in control, and Ben just got it back.<br><br>
What did I miss?
I'm now wondering if Libby is due for a return. They've never resolved her character fully and I could see her popping back up right about now. She's the one who gave Des the boat, right? They've never explained the mental institution link with Hurley.
If you liked the 4 episodes you watched, yes. Most people I know love it or don't watch it at all. If you like puzzles, and mystery and sciency fictioney stuff, get the DVDs. It's awesome when you can watch them back to back.