Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
I bought a pack of 10 when they first came out and wore one for a long time. But I took it off eventually because I'm not really the jewelery type (except watches, love 'em.)<br><br>
When I'm having trouble motivating myself to go run or ride, I'll dig one out and wear it for a while. I find it inspiring.

·
Registered
55 Posts
At first I bought and wore them because of the whole craze when they first came out. But as the craze faded out, the silly little bracelet meant something to me. On my mom's side of the family my grandma and two uncles died of cancer (one uncle just last year). My mom and aunt also had cancer scares as well. There's always been one on my wrist, since I got one.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I was given one by a well-meaning friend, but don't wear it. This year, I'm gonna raise money in the fight against cancer with my charity team, Operation Triumph. For me, this will mean more than just wearing a bracelet, though I think it's a nice symbol when people do wear it. It's very personal.<br><br>
Sally

·
Registered
76 Posts
My wife and I were just talking about this today. especially about all those other bands that followed the ingenuity of the livestrong band.<br>
I dont wear mine anymore, but I wouldnt call you a dork for wearing yours.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Always...although I didn't until I was given one by a cyclist/cancer survivor who frequented the golf course where I worked during the summers. Since then I haven't really taken it off.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I wear mine every day religiously. Not sure why, just became a habit. They break eventually, so I have to have a constant supply in my night table drawer. I usually resupply once a year at one of the bigger marathon expos, they usually have a table there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts