Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>2+ years ago I learned of the fabulous mosquito coast sunblock/bug spray here.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Last night we attended a 5 yr old birthday swim party. Blazing sun and billions of biting mosquitoes threatened to send the children and adults careening over the edge.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My emergency sport trunk bag had a bottle of mosquito coast sunblock/bug spray. LIT to the rescue!  We sprayed down the children and the sensitive adults. Party meltdown narrowly avoided. The parents were mighty impressed with such an ingenious product. Guess it makes the difficult to find product worth it's weight in gold!</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks. (see the time I spend here is not wasteful :D )</p>

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
<p>Back in the day when my weekends were volleyball tournaments instead of bricks and triathlons, I got a great product in my goody bag called "Treo".  It was sunscreen, bug repellent and moisturizer all in one.  Awesome stuff.  It seems like that kind of stuff is making a comeback.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>According to our pediatrician, the only thing to beware with the combo sunscreen/bug stuff is w.r.t. the little ones.  They should have a lot more reapplications of sunscreen than bugsprays w/ DEET.  If you're using the combo stuff exclusively you have to be careful they don't get too much DEET or vice-versa that you don't sacrifice reapplication of sunscreen in fear of too much DEET.  Therefore, separate products are better for the little ones.  Adults not so much of a big deal.  One application to save the party, also not a big deal.</p>

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p><strong>good points</strong> I hadn't thought of...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>we don't use it all that often, but it is a lifesaver when called upon. I swear it takes the sting out of bug bites too</p>
<p> </p>
<p>there wasn't enough sunblock in the world for Fri/Sat tournaments this weekend. Good Grief it's hot! Humidity put the heat index @ 108 yesterday when we started</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.