Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the next round of the VRAA.<br><br>
Game duration: Friday, March 16, through Sunday April 8. (Local time applies)<br><br>
Check this announcement thread periodically for news, announcements, and important information regarding the game.<br><br>
- Once finalized, the <b>RULES</b> and <b>Teams</b> will be posted in separate threads.<br><br>
Sincerely,<br>
~roots<br><br><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Schedule of Events</span><br>
Player registration now open.<br><br><i>Thursday, March 15</i><br>
12pm EDT - Registration Closes<br>
Evening - Teams announced<br><br><i>Friday March 16</i><br>
12:00am - Game Begins<br><br><i>Monday March 19</i><br>
Evening - Leaderboard update #1

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Update Sat 3/10:</span><br>
The excitement is building. I look forward to stepping it up for the next 3.5 weeks with some personal goals to increase my fitness. Its my hope that the VRAA will provide a simliar motivation to one and all.<br><br>
If you're like me, you're thinking of new or extra ways to earn points. I've already asked myself, if I ride my bike to and from work just one time I can earn <i>x</i> points!<br><br>
As your moderator, I do not expect to get this perfect on the first go-around. I envision the first round as a trial-run with the intent of keeping it simple, fun, and managable for all.<br><br>
As of today, there are 31 participants signed-up.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Update Sun 3/11:</span><br><a href="http://www.kickrunners.com/viewtopic.php?t=2840" target="_blank">Q&A and Discussion</a> thread now open. Feel free to ask questions or make recommendations.<br><br>
As of today, there are 32 participants signed-up.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Update 3/13:</span><br><br>
Less than 3 days to kickoff!<br><br>
39 participants now on board.<br><br>
A new thread created for <a href="http://www.kickrunners.com/viewtopic.php?p=31002#31002" target="_blank">Participant Check-in.</a> All players please check-in to confirm your entry in the next round of the VRAA.<br><br>
Other upcoming events:<br><br>
Wed- Rules published<br>
Thurs- Registration closes and teams selected

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Update 3/14:</span><br><br>
Waiting for the remainder of players to check-in before team selection.<br><br>
Rules to be published Thurday night. The scoring discussed in the Q&A thread is the basic model.<br><br>
Game will start as scheduled on Friday 3/16.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Update 3/15:</span><br><br>
The scoring table and rules are posted <a href="http://www.kickrunners.com/viewtopic.php?t=3014" target="_blank">here.</a><br><br>
Waiting on the final entrants to check in. Team rosters to be posted around noon on Friday.<br><br>
Believe it or not, you can still sign-up. Send me a PM, or check in over in the player thread.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Update 3/16:</span><br><br>
Check-in complete. We're off and running with three teams of fifteen each.<br><br>
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask in the <a href="http://www.kickrunners.com/viewtopic.php?t=2840" target="_blank">Questions, Answers, and Discussion</a> thread. A simple PM will work too.<br><br>
Enjoy opening weekend!

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Update 3/19:</span><br><br>
Leaderboard now posted.<br><br>
Keep the results coming in. I've set up a sheet to keep score and updating the leaderboard will be simpler than expected. I plan to update the team standings once per day. The <i>Top 5</i> categories will be updated on Mondays and Thursdays.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Update 3/20:</span><br><br><b>- ATTENTION:</b> Roster change. Effective immediately, <b>roots</b> to Team B and <b>redkite</b> to Team C.<br><br>
My apologies on the change, but I've decided to split up myself and Flounder. Today's point totals reflect the change.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Game is now over 1/2 done. Today was Day 13 of 24.<br><br>
**New update - Top 5 Leaderboard**

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Leaderboard updated. Congrats to Merigayle for the new one day point record!<br>
--<br><br>
Special intra-family leaderboard:<br>
80--Techgoddess<br>
64--bugdude<br><br>
--<br><br>
Good luck with 6 days to go. Last day Sunday 4/8. Please plan to have all your scores entered by Monday 4/9. Final results posted no later than Tuesday 4/10.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
**Congratulations to Team C**<br><br>
Winners, VRAA Round 1<br><span style="font-size:small;"><br>
Team C members are awarded the title "VRAA Champion" for a duration until the end of the next VRAA round.<br><br>
Thanks for your participation/contribution to the game. This initial round was a trial run. We'll do it again after a short break. Please share your thoughts and ideas for the next round.</span><br><br><span style="font-size:large;"><br><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Final Standings</span><br>
5,852--<i>A-Team</i><br>
6,817--<i>Killah Bees</i><br>
6,839--<i>Team C</i><br></span><span style="font-size:small;"><br><i>As of: 4/9/07 9:12 PM</i><br></span><br><span style="font-size:small;"><br><b>Top 5</b><i>(Final)</i><br><br><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Overall point leaders</span><br>
1,907--Flounder<br>
1,117--fox-runr<br>
926--roots<br>
918--Xavier Dan Q<br>
870--joplus<br><br><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Single-day total</span><br>
400--Merigayle<br>
146--Flounder<br>
137--roots<br>
124--Floridaboiler<br>
118--RunDivaRun<br></span><br><span style="font-size:small;"><br><b>Top 5, last 3 days</b><i>(Thur 4/6 - Sun 4/8 )</i><br><br><span style="text-decoration:underline;">3-day total</span><br>
255--Flounder<br>
160--Xavier Dan Q<br>
128--QuixoticNotions<br>
126--equinox marathon 43<br>
104--joplus<br>
100--Triola<br>
100--Ileneforward<br><br><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Single-day total</span><br>
109--Flounder<br>
80--Xavier Dan Q<br>
64--Ileneforward<br>
64--equinox marathon 43<br>
48--fox-runr<br><br></span>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts