Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy, where is the Autumn going…!?

5:30am wake up call, to give a ride to DD, heading to NYC this time. She has a few friends there and doing Airbnb. Will miss her :(.

3100yd swimming midday. Then hiked in the woods for 1hr under a slight rain, just needed to get out. I’m familiar with the Mtb trail in this woods but every time I hike here on two track I get lost lol.

Just watched Courier, a Cumberbatch’s 2021 movie. Pretty good movie, based on a true story. But it’s Hollywood version apparently, I always read how ‘true’ the movie based on a true story. And sounds like the main guy (British spy) wasn’t quite the way as portrayed by Cumberbatch.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Ran the seacoast half - in a very middling 8:45 pace - 1:54:40-ish - basically mid-packish in age and gender. Was pretty good following the 8:30 pacer through mile 10, and then my legs decided they'd had it :) ... But, I guess couldn't expect much more given my lackadaisical running the last few months. Apparently my niece ran it as well, in a much more respectable 1:38:xx. Ah well ...In the books, and not terrible - although I definitely feel I could have run it 20-30 seconds/mile faster earlier this year. And it was a nice day - kind of breezy, but the big rain of yesterday had passed (leaving a wet road and some standing water in spots) - so we didn't get dumped on, and couldn't complain about the temps (mid-50's so definitely t-shirt and shorts runnable). Ah well .. onto the trainer!

Oh - and now I have to go to a small mountain-top surprise wedding that involves a short hike. We'll see how that goes :)

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Way to have jumped in and race the half! Not an easy thing to do - mentally and physically - but you did it! And mountain top surprise wedding?? Surprise to a bride and groom?? Sounds interesting…

Went out for a 5 miler but headache brought me down and I just gave in, to run/walk only 3 miles. I’m still maintaining 10-hr workout per week so went out for a short coffee /grocery shopping ride. About 16miles total on Salsa Journeyman. Felt like I had no power where ever the roads tilt upwards…..

I shouldn’t let bother me but all these grim news about climate changes and what all countries are or aren’t doing really bring me down. Seemingly so little any individual can do to make any differences, take recycling, try not to use single-use plastics etc… unless corporations decide to take some difficult steps (ie banns singleuse plastics, or whatever). When I see cases and cases of bottled water being purchased at a warehouse store, it really bothers me. :(. :(.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Yo-well its winter/fall here snows then melts then snows again. I do wish there was careful and considered changes made it might not change the environment and cycles and macro changes are beyond our control but this green wash and swaying with the social media breeze mentality frustrate me to no end. I often think the biggest thing we could do is to just promote a little conservation the simple everyday things, reuse containers, turn the thermostat up/down a degree, turn the lights off its something we can do without having to change the world and its a way to save some of the resources and impacts we have so much of the new greenwash approaches just make things worse, I'll hop off the soap box there and put on another sweater instead of firing up the wood stove since its a cold and gloomy day out. Perhaps its a wyomign thing wiht so many off the grid it seems liek there's little thought to these things, houses are kept toasty warm in winter, people tkae long drives

I'm still not fully recovered from that stupid procedure (which failed so no results). I got in a 4 mile hike and some more work on the garden. I've been looking at the messy shoulder season out there and contemplating what I'd like to do. The water in the lakes is not fully frozen but hovering around the freezing mark so I haven't tried swimming in it. I've been thinking about the gravel bike I stopped riding as the roads turned into rutted dusty messes near the end of summer but maybe it would be ok to be out in the alternating snow/mud?? I haven't quite worked up the enthusiasm yet. Hikes/walks strength training swim in the EP are it right now. I'm looking forward to getting my xc ski tuning area set up as soon as work on the barn extension is finished (next week). Hey I now have an upstairs loft area in the barn with a bed and a downstairs working toilet and sink so if anyone wants to visit there's a separate but primitive guest "suite" :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts