Kick Runners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jan is almost gone!! I haven't missed doing 20 pushups :)

Almost 2hrs on my Pony on a snow-packed singletrack, with a GF and DH! She was riding fat tires, while I was on 3" tires and DH on 2.1" ("skinnies") with studs. All options were great. Fun time under mid-teens, no wind, partial sun. Totally smile-inducing conditions. :) :) Looks like warming up by Thursday (40F), so plan on riding more for the next few days!

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
sluggo weekend for me! At the condo - DH is teaching/skiing....i finally got my pass yesterday afternoon, which meant I *could* have gone today, but opted to organize and clean the condo without the kiddos and dog in tow.

Yo - thanks for the visual...NOT!

25 pushups - rounding out the January challenge! Thinking Feb challenge will be to retrain my eating a bit....

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Saturday was an irritating day on Zwift (tried to do an event twice and got booted off before the end), then just rode a course and got booted. Must have been a busy day on the Zwift servers. Otherwise fairly lazy beside two dog walks through the woods (too lazy - and cold - to take him for the evening dog walk even).

Today - a bit more productive with grocery shopping, wood stacking before snow-ma-geddon, then got back ON zwift to complete a "Tour du Zwift" event. More success today - even on a different route. Did the first 15 as the event in 36 minutes (north of 26 mph); then did a second 15 mile loop for 30.8 miles in 1:16 total). Not bad... Also, two more dog walks and he'll get a short one tonight...

Now for a warm shower, some cuban black bean soup, and a bit of relaxation.

geo

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zoj - the push-up challenge was awesome, thanks to bot you and SB! I’m thinking to continue with it since it doesn’t take much (always right before hitting a bed). And will need to find another challenge for Feb.

Geo - I’m too impatient with gadget that wouldn’t work well... sounds like Sunday ride went well and FAST! It would be interesting how all these winter rides would prepare you for spring.

DH and I hit the same trail again today, after some fresh snow. It was much more challenging, especially for DH with skinnies, fishtailing often. I fell twice, then my confidence disappeared and I couldn’t trust my skills on downhills. Lots of fun nonetheless!

Had a good time last night with my tri club friends at New Year award ceremony on zoom. I haven’t participated any of the zoom calls in the past, since so many new faces are the main participants and didn’t feel it would be fun. Good to see some old friends and meet new ones. Can’t wait to resume breakfast after a swim on Saturday’s... hopefully this fall season...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts