Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! Looks like Yo is having fun in Hawaii.

Myself lazy on Thu/Fri (really have to stop that!). Today got out for the usual Bagelry ride with the crew. Nice 60 mile ride through back roads of Maine. Rode by some runners that were half way through a half and cheered them on ...

Not much else going on. Was going to go kayaking and ended up napping instead (not that napping is bad, but it was a perfect day!). Might end up going tomorrow. Should also squeeze in a run either tomorrow or Monday.

DD went on her longest pre-marathon run, and did 20 miles @9:12 pace - so I'm pretty sure she'll be ready when the day comes.

Geo.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Its Saturday and we are..stacking 10 cords of wood. Debate rages how do you measure a cord. Bought from 2 different wood suppliers accidentally, newest one's wood is much better cut but he might have smaller "cords' than the other. I hired a friend's teen age son to help, a friend from San Diego came out to help and hike and SO hides form the wood pile. I've got it set-up not with pallets, stacked pillars between wood types and at intervals so now it should go faster? Ugh! Been stacking the first part of this solo for over a week. Its a beautiful day, we should go out to play. Your nap sounds tempting geo!

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Memorial Day?!??! We jumped back to May?!?!?! wow!! time travel!!

Anyhoo....43 miles outside today - last long ride before the RIZO ride this weekend. Rest of the weekend is going to be errands, house clean up and heading into Boston to see the Sox Monday afternoon. :)

SB - yuck on stacking wood. DH just mentioned that we need to order ours. blech.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Sounds like DD is ready for her marathon debut!

SB - I know nothing about wood stacking and cord size. Looks like a serious workout!

Zoj - nice long ride! Have fun at the Sox game!

Day 3 here in Hawaii. Came to Oahu last night, DD’s Airbnb rental in Honolulu. Pretty good location. We did a Pillbox sunrise hike (5am wake up call) - it was straight up on slippery trail. But only .6mile. Cloudy but nonetheless gorgeous sunrise. Then visited Japanese American community center and Bishop museum. Very educational. Tired and sore legs from the hikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts