Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I could throw a couple of guesses into the mix too, but, like everyone else I'd only be guessing. Get your knee professionally checked out by a sports med. doctor or a physiotherapist<br><br>
Fair crack of the whip Sierra, for someone with over 2500 post I gather you've been around the running scene for quite a while and should know better.<br><br>
Treat the CAUSE, not the symptom

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ummmm. yeah. I know that. It was a very short term attempt to see if it might just be something minor that was causing some swelling or something. (Having been told to do this in the past by drs for a short term issue) If you read the rest of the thread, you would see I did see a dr. (and am no longer taking the Iburprofen and running again.) Oh, and I have been told its arthritis, so it will be a long term issue. Just FYI, I also get an ART treatment for it yesterday, so that may help also.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Fair enough Sierra, I should have continued reading the thread however I pulled up short after reading- 800mg.of ibuprofen 3 times a day and thought what a dangerous load of rubbish.<br>
Pleased you're are up and running again and have had a professional diagnosis and that you have been able to nail it down to arthritis. It's a curse getting older and I too suffer with a touch of arthritis (back) coming into winter.<br>
Something you may find of benefit; a couple of my friends suffer from arthritic conditions and get great relief from wearing a bandage made out of wet suit material. These are not support bandages and in no way will fix the problem, however they keep the joint warm allowing more mobilisation.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.