Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its nothing new for me but I thought yall might have some suggestions. As a kid, teenager, and young adult I had a bad case of Osgood Schlatters disease in my left knee. I was left with a large calcified mass right below my kneecap and the pain never really went away until my early 20s. Marathon training however has brought it back. I cant make the lump go away but there has got to be something I can do about the pain...any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
foam rolling and deep tissue massage on your quadricep muscles and the muscles running along your shin should help release the patellar tendon and provide at least some relief. STart with some anti-inflammatories too.

·
Registered
22,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already do foam rolling but I must not be doing it right because it never feels like I am doing anything. I dont want to go back to taking advil every single day so I am hoping to avoid that route. That and stretching was the ONLY advice doctors ever gave me as a kid, even after 5 dr visits. Finally I gave up resigned to the pain, but now I want to run dammit and that pain is interfering.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
ok....um, I will surf a bit and see what I can find you as far as web pages that explain it really well. It will really help on your IT band and Quad. For the shin muscles you are gonna have to use your fingers and dig in along the bone.

·
Registered
22,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont really have probs with any of those. My big probs are the extra bone in my knee (pain!!!!) and my hammy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts