Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NO idea why the Friday thread is labeled 180 - haven't a clue how that happened lol

Geo - did you get your bagelry ride in?

out on the road with DH - he did 30 and mine was closer to 27.5 miles. Just not feeling it at all. Saddle is slllooowwwlllyyy getting better.

time to putter around the house!

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Yup - early morning (after watching the Celts flop) ... Ended up being about 63 miles with a reasonable amount of climbing (around 3500 according to Strava) ... thankfully most of the climbing came in the first 25 miles or so - and the last half was downhill with a few rollers. Not much else on the day ... managed to mow the lawn and give my precious a desperately needed cleaning, but otherwise just playing with the dog, catching up on Star Wars Obi Wan (meh), and generally chilling.

Glad the saddle is improving!

geo

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
Zoj - saddle and you are finally getting into a harmony..! Nice ride

Geo - nice long ride! It’s always fun (and help) to ride with others!

A fun day. Hit the singletrack I haven’t been for at least 4-5yrs, with S and DH. Legs felt like lead but nonetheless a great trail which I totally forgot how fun. Took a little over 1-hr to ride the whole trail. DH and I did the second lap. Tired but a cold glass and pizza were awesome afterwords. Coming home and got in a talk to next door neighbor (and couldn’t get out of it for like 2-hrs….!).

More comments on Too Gun, as we chatted more about it. It IS a great movie. Plot/screens play is just awesome to tie together the original Top Gun story with lots of human stories (instead of a few men with big ego crashing etc). You should totally go watching! We are even thinking to go watch on the bigger screen/better audio system. :).

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the review Yo - that is one of the many movies on my list to go see on the big screen. We saw the second Dr. Strange on the big screen and yeah...

Nothing for me today except 2 mile dog walk. Heading to a large flea market with BF in a bit...

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
Although I am a big fan of Cumberbatch, I haven't got into Dr. Strange.... hmmm.

Housework day. The deck needed a fresh coat of pain.. I called a few Home Depots (yeah believe or not we have 3 within 6 miles lol) thinking to rent one. Nobody had one. So we ended up buying (uh more toys in the garage) hand-held sprayer. And it actually worked really well (since when we do DIY equipment reviews here lol). Cleaning was PITA but considering it has many delicate parts which wouldn't work well if left clogged up. So, that's done! Outdoor furniture will come out from the basement. It's a bit later than normal, but that's ok :)

Meandering some neighborhood across the street on my Pony, which was fun, looking at their flower gardens. About an hour. Otherwise a rest day I wish I could have gone for a swim in a lake, but didn't feel like driving to a lake considering I would be able to swim only 1 lap (1400yds or so).

Hope you all had a nice relaxing (lazy) or busy, productive weekend. It's all good :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts