Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang!
nothing for me yesterday other than pre-party prep. Did sneek out and go test drive the new Acura Integra Hatch with a stick. Must say - a FUN ride!

Today? Annual 4th party! Wanted to get us started for the weekend!

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Integra? Nice! I think Honda and Mazda definitely make the nicest manual transmissions. One of DW's first cars was a '88 CRX ... that was a fun little car. Also had a second gen CRV as well - also manual. Nice to see that they offer it with the stick...Hatchback also definitely a bonus.

Bagelry Ride was rained out yesterday (at least - assume it was. I didn't go, and it was wet when I woke up). Started to feel stuffy in the afternoon, and it was muggy - so didn't bother riding.

Today headed out for an easy 48 mile solo (low 16's). Not so bad. Participating in the Trek/Strava hundred miles in July challenge (think I can probably make that). Free swag, and with a little luck a scratch ticket will win me a nice Trek gravel bike (in my dreams). Still ... free water bottle if nothing else :)

geo.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Zoj - I didn’t know Acura still makes Integra. Honda/Acura used to make halfshafts at their plant in Ohio but any more. ( So I don’t work with them any longer.). It’s been a while since I drove stick shift last time, I’m not sure if I can still drive it lol.

Geo - 88 CRX. Wow, CRX was the first car I bought in US after I came here in 89. I loved that car. And nice long ride! And best of luck to win something more than a water bottle.

DH and I finally started official training for the Teton backpacking trip. We did 7.5miles yesterday near the A&C’s lake house where they invited for the July 4th party. We stopped by say hi to them/guests, then headed out but realized 3 miles into it we forgot a snack bag in the car so we stayed safe and didn’t go as planned. Then today, we went to much hiller trails. And OMG, bugs were just terrible. Some sections we hiked were just so overgrown and we did some trail maintenance (carried hand snippers) as well. 11miles. I was a bit aggressive to carry 35lbs ( 30% of my body weight is too much, usually, 20-25% is recommended. The temp was close to 90F and little breeze. Yeah, I really had enough toward the end, mainly from dealing with bugs (spraying natural bug spray like millions times!!) I’m glad we got in two hikes this weekend!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts