Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I am not themost adventurous person when it comes to trying new foods. But recently I had a jicama slaw and it was heavenly! So just wondering if you wonderful foodies had any ideas on how to prepare it or any good recipes that include it!

·
Premium Member
16,290 Posts
never had it prepared any other way. i can look it up if you like.

·
Premium Member
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't even have a recipe for a slaw! Any good websites you suggest to find some recipes? I checked some of my regular web haunts for recipes but found nothing!

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
<b>Beaker</b> -<br><br>
Epicuious has 88 recipes utilizing Jicama.<br><br>
When in doubt always go there, it's the best!<br><br><a href="http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/find/results?search=Jicama+&x=306&y=19" target="_blank">Jicama Recipes</a>

·
Premium Member
14,199 Posts
I use epicurious.com to start most often. You might see if 101cookbooks.com has anything, since she's a veg cook (and a good one).

·
Premium Member
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks kiddos, I am on it!!! Will report back if I find anything interesting!

·
Registered
12,636 Posts
What does it taste like? I've always wanted to try it but they're so big, it would seem like a waste if I hated it. The only way I've ever seen on the food channel is in various slaw recipes.<br><br>
Can you cook it or is it only eaten raw?

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Genie, jicama is very mildly flavored and very crunchy. The texture is wonderful. The flavor is sort of a cross b/c a mild apple and a veggie, maybe celery?

·
Registered
12,636 Posts
So it is mostly a raw thing then, I guess. Hmmm....I would probably like it. Epicurious did have some yummy recipes!!

·
Registered
14,434 Posts
1<br><br>
That's how I love my jicama.<br><br>
muncha muncha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts