Kick Runners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attempted to race on Zwift, but it hung about 1/3 of the way through the race (boo); added on 19 miles just riding for 26 miles total... Was pushing hard at the time the app crashed, so got 15 minutes of quality (27+ avg for the 7 miles), and pushed on a few sections during solo riding - so not a loss...

Other than that, a rainy day watching Bridgerton, one squelchy woods walk with the dog, and a 59th Bday zoom call to my sister (nice to see fam).

All-in-all, a lazy day..

geo

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Nice ride, app crashing must have been so not fun in the middle of having fun kicking other riders rearends...! High tech stuff gives us both excitements and headaches for sure. I heard President Elect Biden wouldn't be able to bring his Peleton bike to the White House due to all the wireless connections it is capable of. A good old trainer is what he may have to use :)

6mile run, my body wasn't responding well to the run. Felt tired. But still got it done.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I was a wimp yesterday was just cleaning and straightening and then attending book club made my push ups
today so far today online yoga and more cleaning we'll see if I get out its o cold and windy I am tired otu from the long week.

My foot seems to have gotten worse form this week's pt. I have one session Monday and i'm going to pull the plug. I may go to jackson to try to get a new hard footbed. Also my PCP discovered there is a podiatrist coming to the area (Jackson not here0 once a month so I may try to see him instead of returning to the ortho, I hate that stuff...

Yo and maps, I love to look at maps. It helps to look at how maps of places you are look so get out those maps (or like at gaiagps or other online topo maps) for places you usually go after a while you get to be able to read them for terrain. The people I found who thought they were on the other side of the divide were an example I asked them if they notices the sun was setting on the same side of the mountains as they were on. They said no they just say more mountains, the range they were pointing to is @ 35 miles away the divide was perhaps 5 miles behind them (and they were still @ 10,000 feet up in it). So whenever you go on a walk or hike think about features you should be able to see and what might be between you and water or sky sunset or sunrise and have fun! Its a perfect acclimation exercise to keep finding yourself on a map as you do an easy hike. I still get lost mostly where there are no trials or where new trials are not represented on the map in the right place.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another not much day. Went grocery shopping in the morning, followed by an hour long walk with the dogger and DW. Followed by a very short nap (just because I'm old and I can), then 1+ hours in the pain-ish cave (40 minutes on the Nordic Track, and then 25 on the elliptical). Now watching football ... Go Cleveland!

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Not much for me either day with the exception of the 25 pushups, back PT and walk(s) with the pup. We did de-christmas the house today and put everything away. Looks so barren now.

DH is at Mt. Snow teaching and he said they got dumped on...maybe next weekend.

Oh and I twisted my ankle once again (while walking the pup) and fell like a ton of bricks. Finished the walk, but it is tender and stiff now. Yeesh.

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
SB - thx for the advice on map reading. Yeah I just got to look at those topo map and practice.

Geo - DH was (and still is) so into reading the President Obama’s book which he bought for me for Christmas that he didn’t watch the Brown’s game. They lost....

Zoj - ouch, wishing you a quick and complete healing. So, snow on the ski slope so far isn’t that good this year? De-Christmas-ing is needed here... ornaments and lights came off the tree... just a few steps at a time here, lol.

The first attempt to watch a movie while we rode trainer today. My trainer is so loud that DH had to set up some seriously old speakers near the trainers (like 30yrs old he kept ...). It was freakin 2.5hrs movie, Departed - wow lots of blood but it was good. Jack Nicholson, DiCaprio and Matt Demon - can’t go wrong right? I spinned only 1-hr, stretches/strength exercises including 20 push-ups for 30min, then just watched the movie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts