Kick Runners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing for me today as we drove to in-laws then to Chicago.

I can’t wait to see the new SNL next Sat... so much materials, Bernie being the main one for sure! Excited to see DS today!

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Hope you had a good day, Yo! It does sound like a great way for DD to step into adulthood. San Diego is nice for sure, and then Hawaii... No more cold Michigan winters for her!

Drove a bit over an hour to visit with sister. We ended up walking around about 5 easy trail miles in a National Wildlife Refuge (Assabet), which was pleasant. Can't remember the last time we met in person - but seems at least a year. Niece and DW were also there - so good to catch up with all. Sister is a critical care nurse, so good for her to get out and de-stress a bit for sure.

Ended up zwifting at home ... not quite 35 miles at reasonably hard effort.

geo

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Wow Yo - exciting for DD! How are you doing?

We did get to Magic yesterday - booted up in/at the car (that was different) and then, since there were 4 of us, never had to worry about the lift chair ride. reserved tables in the lodge at two different times and the mountain personnel did fantastic job of keeping everyone separate in there. Plus had some kick ass air movers running along with large HEPA air filters. So, felt ok to eat in there. while cold temps, sun was out and there was little to no wind. AND they had just gotten dumped on so the snow was really good! BUT did have one casualty...I lost my set of keys, with the spare key fob to DH's car. Sigh.

Today - nothing, zip, zero, nada.

25 pushup streak continues...

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Geo - sounds like a nice day with your sister in person. Precious time all things considered.

Zoj - how was your ankle skiing? Sounds like a nice condition for skiing! I’m excited for DD and ready to see her go on her own. We had our shares of challenges and it will do good to all of us when she gets out of this staying with us especially under pandemic. She got a lot of my personalities and I know she will be fine 🙂.

6 miles after dropping her off at the airport. Then had a nice lunch with DH’s cousin and his wife in suburb of Chicago. Oh we had a great time with DS and his GF. We watched “90 day fiancé”, my first time... OMG... I could get hooked. I had to YouTube the rest of those couples‘ stories. Some are bizarre ...

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
No... Don't get hooked on that show, Yo ;) ... Sounds like something my DD would like to watch... And it's so nice to have confidence in your kids' ability to make it...

Doesn't sound as bad as I expected for skiing, Zoj. I'm a bit surprised they had the lodge open for lunch, but sounds like they did a good job keeping it safe. I just snipped a tag off my jacket yesterday (wearing ski jacket because it was freakin' cold!). Bretton Woods - 2017. Guess I don't get out skiing much any more!

Had another hard Zwift day ... the Tour du Zwift ... flat course, 5 short laps followed by a minor hill at end. 21 miles total in 47 minutes... Rest day tomorrow, I think

geo

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Where did the weekend go
push ups now 25x/day
Snowshoed late solo Saturday @ 2 hrs had to detour around the wolf pack killing something
Snowshoe & ski sunday another 2 hours but went 1/2 mile farther no animals but had J out with me and we were chatting also wall yoga zoom class.
Maybe I don't like watching the screen anymore tried queens gambit again and couldn't get far

1 - 6 of 6 Posts