Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12 mile run this morning, mostly Z2. Slightly tired legs after the ride yesterday, but not as tired as I would have liked since the ride was 45 miles shorter than it was supposed to be. Not much I can do about it, so it is what it is. That's it for the day for me! Have a great weekend!!

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
42+ mile ride in RI (mapped). Unfortunately, my wireless sensor mount gave up the ghost half-way through the ride (unfixable, besides which the battery also fell out and ended up who knows where). So - unsure of speed and exact distance ... Stopped to buy lemonade from a kid stand ... Nice to see young enterprise...

Probably ride long with BIL tomorrow ... Not sure about Monday...

Hope everyone's having fun!

Geo.

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
1.5 mile OWS in lake Michigan. FIRST all year. That's lame! But it was good. Well, first mile sucked, rest was good :)

3hr ez bike on deck sunday

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
X - good start of the weekend thread!
Geo - that's strange, battery just fell off the sensor? Did you lose the back lid? A few weeks ago I lost the bike computer itself. I was waiting for somebody to try to sell it on ebay or Craigslist but no luck.
Julie - yay birthday run!! Happy day!
Ron - good to see you here!

2.5hrs on Mtb while DH ran a local 30k race. Started at a very unfamiliar trail - can't say my fav - it shares with equestrian so you know what it looks like.... And vegetation was overgrown and caused some scratches on my legs/arms. Nonetheless a great adventure. Then took some dirt road to the next singletrack which I like and saw DH on my way. Rode there and hopped on a paved bike path back to the race finish area. Found him again about a mile from the finish. FIB burger and beer (race provided!). Then headed to michigan state fair. Enjoyed the awesome jazz concert very much!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Attempted an easy run on Friday afternoon - still feeling super sluggish and slow so I jogged some and walked some. It was a beautiful afternoon.
Did 60' of Masters on Saturday am which felt good.
Today - nothing. DH and I are celebrating our 23rd anniversary and it is his birthday so there will be cake and wine.
Thinking of getting on my bike tomorrow.
Enjoy the weekend!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Saturday I made it to the mall for about an hour and a half of errands. I hope it's humid here, because with the built-in mile of walking I was not only tuckered out, but the back of my head was sopping wet. Of course there's not as much hair to get wet now, but still. Sheez!

Today's efforts will focus more on alternating house cleaning fun with some computer work.

Over on FB, sorry to hear of JR's mom passing. He's such a good man, she must have been an amazing mom.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Evening all - Nice active labor day Sunday. Went on a 39 mile ride with BIL - in Newport RI. Beautiful ocean views, the mansions, and more rural country (vineyards, farms, bird preserve), Fort Adams. Out and back route ...

Went on a nice 2-3 hour kayak after with DW, BIL, SIL and niece...

Yoshi - the mount was kind of hanging on by a thread ... a good bump finally knocked it off. When it fell into the road, the cover and battery fell out - and couldn't retrieve them (didn't see em). Ah well ...

Hope everyone's having a great LD weekend.

Geo

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
TASM - yay to doing the errands in the mall!! How are you feeling? Yeah I saw jr's mom passing. Totally with you.
Geo - sounds like a nice outdoor day with the family.

5miles run this morning. Then headed out to Belle Isle (Detroit), visiting Aquarium, Conservatory, and Zoo, on our bikes. The highlight was coming down on the giganto slide in a potato sac. Holly cow, I picked up some speed and caught some air! It was a chore these days to get the kids out doing something with us, so it was nice day out with the family.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
good mileage all! For us today is "tourist go away day" after a long summer of fighting crowds and traffic we look forward to having the beaches back to ourselves, safety riding on the roads and parking in the lots. For some reason a lot of sea lions (aorudn 50) moved onto the cove beach this weekend and are not yielding to humans. Since I have a group working on modlelign the sea lion / user conflict issues I have to get moving on that.

Although it looks like great weather for a ride I will hold off until tourists are gone because the number of drunk and drugged drivers out today is vast (and just distracted drivers). I swam @ 2.5 miles OW very early this am and had some dolphins schooling fish into me, the water is clear but the temp is dropping and a north swell is building.

Yesterday @ 2 miles OW a bit later so it was crowded. I found an abandoned paddle boat @ 1/4 mile offshore. I soon found the paddler, perhaps another 1/4 mile out unable to make progress towards her board (not a swimmer) and then a sea turtle which I swam with for quite a while until I was rather far from shore myself. Lots of steep slope noxious weed removal too so my legs are sore and ready for that ride Monday. Enjoy the last days of summer!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Yo Sake: I'm beginning to get some energy back. The last round of chemo and the trip to Omaha took a lot out of me. It was last Thursday before I could get through most of the day without a nap. GI tract is settling down. I still have some middle of the night nausea, but I can get through it by taking meds... staying up for a bit waiting for things to settle down, and then crashing again. I've even begun to get more frequent chunks of 4 hours or so of continuous sleep. This is big, as most of my sleep in the past nearly two years has been in 1 1/2 - 2 hour chunks. Which isn't so restful.

I meet with the doc running the trial tomorrow. Then I'll pick my "poison." I'm kind of hoping I don't have to start the new stuff until I get back from Boston. But if it matters to the docs, I certainly will start sooner than later.

Alaska Mike asked the other day to let you all know if there is anything else you can do. All that this group does is a big help. It is such a positive, supportive place filled with great people. Beyond the LIT Love care packages (that I continue to get!), the care and kindness everywhere here warms my heart and gives me strength. From helping downed cyclists, to replacing bloody jerseys, Team LIT is just awesome. Thanks for all you do!

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
I walked a mile. Progress is slow, but it's progress. If I'm still coughing by Wednesday I'll make a doctor's appt. Scout's honor. Sleep is fleeting these days. :/

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
TASM - good luck with the doc appo. tomorrow. Keep us posted. Good to hear you are able to sleep for more than a few hours straight.
SB - how do you swim with a turtle, or should I say turtle swim with you - she just stay right next to you for a few min at a time, or straight 10min? Your description of swim in the ocean is totally beyond me.
Sparty - my SIL had some nagging coughing this spring for more than a month. Some kind of bronchitis she developed. Time to see a doc, mom.

2500m swim & 1hr on mtb on a trail I have never ridden (but only 25min away!). No map, no posts, totally confusing. But it's not a huge place so you can't get lost that badly. Another adventure day in the woods.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
catching up!

Friday, DOR.
Saturday, volunteered at a local 5K, then went to the rail trail for what was supposed to be a 10 mile run. I got a couple yellowjacket bites at around the 5.25 mile mark, so there was much more walking than running after that, and I called it at 8.6 - definitely painful and I have no regrets about cutting it short.
Sunday, DOR
Monday, 3 mile swampy run FIB beer and time with friends.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 mile run on Sunday.

Monday was a 7 mile run with 7 at tempo effort. A few hours later was a 20 mile ride with 4x5:00Z4, then bike clean up and maintenance since it really needed it. Hope everyone had a great long weekend!!

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
TASM- Good luck today!
Ronbo- 3 hrs EZ on the trainer? There really isn't anything E_Z about that. lol
Didn't do too much over the long weekend. Ran some. Biked some. Walked the dog some. It was a recovery weekend (from work) of sorts for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts