Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't pride myself with SharkyGirl's reults, but I had a feel-good swim today. Two days ago I swam 1800y which is my longest ever, but everything felt so hard and horrible, I couldn't feel my form. I got depressed, just when I was feeling more relaxed about my swimming.<br><br>
So today I focused on drills and short repeats, just to make sure I can still swim. And it worked very well!! Did 1000y but it felt like before the dreaded 1800y... I'm usually judging the correctness of my form by the number of strokes/length. I'm doing now about 18-19 (2 days ago it was 20 or more), and a few times I even hit 17 today! (usually, the first length after a drill, or on an all-out 25).<br><br>
So maybe it's not all forgotten, I might've had just a bad day. Tuesday I was swimming like a cheetah, today it was more like a crocodile. This weekend it will be 3 months until Black Bear.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Chris-I had 2 weeks worth of AWFUL swims. In fact, it's hard to swim and cry at the same time, but that was me last week when I cried uncle after 1100y. I went to the pool yesterday just hoping to match my old test results. Surprised does not even begin to describe my emotions.<br><br>
CONGRATS on a great swim today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts