Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week's hot market item.....let's get creative and see what we can come up with, folks.....there are several different varieties out there so try them all!<br><br><br>
ALLEZ CUISINE!!!!

·
Registered
12,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mmmm...I am really liking red pears. They are less mealy than others.<br><br>
Not much of a draw on this ingredient, hmm....will have to think of something else for this week.<br><br>
I am thinking of a spinach salad with pears and pecans and I can't decide what else for lunch. What do you think would go well with that, and what kind of dressing? I could do either a balsamic or raspberry vinaigrette.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I'm just jumping in here...I have a Sat morning tradition of making breakfast for my DF with a "challenge item"--it has ranged from the traditional (eggs) to the weird (corn dogs), so I'll try to come up with something with pears. Asian pears are good!<br><br>
I vote for the raspberry dressing--you need a bit of sweetness. Poppy seed would work with it too, if you have it?

·
Registered
12,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi cranegirl!! It's great to see another foodie! Wander around the forum and stay a while.<br><br>
And if you have an ingredient you'd like to contribute for a future week's challenge, feel free. A large number of us are vegetarian so the majority of things picked are veg-friendly but every month or so I'd like to add a second non-veg option, so feel free to suggest one. I'm a big seafood eater so I'll definitely be putting some up in the weeks to come. The Iron Chef Kickrunners thread explains what we're doing.<br><br>
Please play....and bring your foodie friends!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts