Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span style="font-family:'Times New Roman';"><span style="font-size:medium;">I can’t believe I’m asking for this advice because I’ve never really been a proponent of using and iPod when working out (at least outdoors anyway). But, the kids got me an iPod for my b-day last year and I’ve discovered that it does alleviate the monotony of working out on stationary equipment (when I have to). So, I’ve recently started using it whenever I’m on stationary equipment. But, I use the ear plugs (buds) that came with the iPod…the ones with the thin silver screen. I’m not an audiophile so the sound is OK for me. But as I sweat my ear buds fill up with sweat and then the sound gets faint and distorted. In some cases it shorts out the little speaker and the bud stop working altogether. My question is…are there some good inexpensive buds/ear plugs that are more conducive to use when sweating?</span></span><br><br><span style="font-family:'Times New Roman';"><span style="font-size:medium;">Dan</span></span>

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I can't stand the in-ear phones, so I went to target and bought the $30 sony over-ear headphones - they sit on the ear, and cord retracts into them. This not only elimnates tangles in my gym bag, but it also lets me make the cord short and clip my shuffle to my hat.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
I hated the ones that came with my iShuffle. I got different ones by Sony, that go in the ear. They have these soft rubber things that go over the sound part, so that they are comfy in your ear. They were about $30, I think.<br><br>
The ipod/ishuffle ones actually <b>hurt</b> my ears.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I hated the ones that came with my iPod too...they just didn't stay in my ears. I got some ones by Panasonic...they go over the ear and the speaker part has a little silicone cover to make them more comfy. They are labeled "sweatproof" and I haven't had any problem with them. They were pretty inexpensive too.

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Sony Fontopia

1 - 5 of 5 Posts