Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great news!<br><br><b>Hairy Trotter</b> agreed to take on a VRAA role for the next round or two. It is with great pleasure that I announce his appointment as "VRAA Commissioner." His job is to lead us through the next round.<br><br>
Now that we have settled on salary, stay tuned for HT to implement the next game.<br><br>
Welcome aboard, HT.

·
Premium Member
15,134 Posts
Ummmm.can we start SUNDAY-I'll be racking up 750 points+ next week....

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
So the only comments we've gotten so far about the next round: (1) Tithers wants to start NOW and (2) merigayle <a href="http://www.kickrunners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=86674#post86674" target="_blank">wants a break between rounds</a>.<br><br>
Y'all oughta arm wrestle.<br><br>
Seriously: I'll get things rolling soon, but we won't be able to get started that quickly.

·
Registered
21,889 Posts
I'll be ready whenever! Woohoo! I'm anticipating insightful commentary from the commish during play!

·
Premium Member
5,649 Posts
I'm in for this one, but I am extremely low low low mileage and slow slow slow so I hope a team will want me.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
i think next time we sign up, we should include our presumed numbers for the week and make the teams so that the points spread is distributed evenly. i cant help but feel like my team was shortchanged in the points generated on a daily basis...<br><br>
just an idea...

·
Registered
16,043 Posts
<b>The Chocolate</b> is unpredictable.<br><b>The Chocolate</b> cannot be contained.<br><b>The Chocolate</b> can be both a solid AND a liquid.<br><b>The Chocolate</b> might run more miles than she's predicting.<br><br>
Y'all can't handle <b>The Chocolate,</b> as stated in my previous post.

·
Premium Member
5,649 Posts
<br>
Ok I have completely had my morning laugh! Thanks Bux!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Nothing to do with the new commissioner - but I am out for a while - Oh, I am still training, but this game makes me do things I do not want to - I am excessive cumpulsive and this game helps tp enable that behavior - So I will Lurk and Menatally support.

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
As I understand it, this has been done to a limited extent in prior competitions. Basically, the commish has tried to evenly distribute those players that are known to be heavy hitters, then randomly distribute everybody else.<br><br>
I would not be in favor of trying to get too refined about using some mathematically precise method of distributing folks. A major goal this time around is to get more people to participate. If people have to do massive amounts of math based on guesswork about much they may or may not exercise, people who are on the fence are likely to say screw it and sit this round out.<br><br>
But: I don't think it'd be too difficult to create three or four categories with guidelines regarding each and ask people to place themselves in one of those categories when they sign up to partcipate. Categories might be something like (1) Mega Super Badass [50+ mpw or the equivalent in other workouts]; (2) Super Badass [30-50 mpw or the equivalent]; (3) Badass [15-30 mpw or the equivalent]; (4) Badass in Training [<15 mpw or the equivalent].<br><br>
We could then distribute folks so that the Levels of Estimated Badassery are roughly even from team to team.<br><br>
Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
Nah.<br><br>
Obvious sandbaggers will be forced to walk in their underwear down Virtual Main Street and sing the PRT fight song. But people who make a good faith estimate and then push themselves that much harder: why, they'll be our heroic figures.<br><br>
And, no matter what the numbers and the categories say, you are always a mega super badass.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts