Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From all the compounds I poured into myself lately as into a lab rat, I liked Infinit the most. I think what I like most is the fact that you can customize it. The samples they sent me are finished, so I wanted to create my own mix. Would some veterans care to share some of their secrets?<br>
Also:<br>
1. Do you put caffeine in it?<br>
2. How much sodium? It's supposed to be 1000mg/h, so I don't need any salt tablets or salty snacks in addition, right?<br>
3. Any protein?<br>
4. Can a good mix completely replace all other nutrition choices, like salt, gels, other snacks?<br>
5. Do you have only one mix, or more (like pre-race, recovery, etc)<br>
Just so you know... I'm training for a HIM and plan to use it mainly in long workouts (from 90 mins up)<br>
Thanks!<br>
Chris

·
Premium Member
15,134 Posts
They have a nutritionist there that can help you out!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I started useing Infinit during my HIM training last year. The premade Cyldesdale mixture is what I ordered cause it had the most calories. I'd mix a super concentrated bottle of 1serving for each hour on the bike. Every hour I'd take a serving chased with water. I'd also eat 1 ClifBar during the ride, eating a little of it a time.<br><br>
So on my long rides I had: 1 bottle water, 1 bottle gatorade, 1 bottle Infinit and 1 ClifBar. That worked great for me through all of my long rides and during my HIM.<br><br>
But, once I was off the bike and on the run, I was taking gels.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I made a custom formula that has a small amount of protein, (4-5g). I don't use caffeine because of gut issues. I am practicing now with not eating any solids on the bike only using Infinit. Last year I used Infinit and tried to eat solids with terrible consequences.<br><br>
Yesterday I did a 2.5 hour ride/3 mile run brick and used one bottle of Infinit (267 cals) during the ride, right before my run I took a gel. That worked perfectly for that distance.<br><br>
I don't think I need as many calories as seems to be standard, when I take in more I get bloated/gut issues but I will testing this theory out preparing for IMFL.<br><br>
Also Infinit recommends that you have a two formulas for long distance, one with more cals and protein and another with fewer cals and no protein for later when your gut can't handle so much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts