Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Does anyone do extensive work with Adobe LiveCycle Designer?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've spent the last 5 flippin' hours trying to figure out how to create a form that has an input text field that will 'grow' or expand when users enter data.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want to use it with an assignment for my students.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>BUT, I'm missing something.</p>
<p>I can get it to scroll, but that doesn't display the entirety of the text that I want them to use.  It has to display their entire entry or we won't be able to grade it via paper.  Procedurally, we grade via paper, in order to allow for greater flexibility in grading locations.  I don't want my grader tied to the computer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Help help help.</p>

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
<p>if no one here knows, try posting in the PRT. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>my advice is to tell them that their grade depends on their ability to be concise.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm not helpful at all.</p>

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>The problem is that there's no way for them to really estimate who much room they'll need.</p>
<p>It's just one of those things.....I have a backup plan, but it's not as cool.</p>

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
<p>Does the grader have to view the input via the input form?  I assume the data is saved to a database somewhere, right?  I would have the view for the grader separate and formatted for printing.  No one wants to read text in a input field, no matter how smart you make it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't know much about Flash or whatever controls you are using but I would guess you need to listen for keystrokes and resize the field on the fly.</p>

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<p>Doug....</p>
<p>No, the grader is viewing the printed form.</p>
<p>The data aren't being saved into a database.....it's being used more as a way to structure the nature of the input rather than save it for future processing.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've got someone helping me on this end, but it just really aggravates me that I can't figure it out.</p>
<p>grrrrrr</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.